The hike

We all left the house and unlocked the tiny yellow fiat 500 as it was the only car with keys we could find. It had a massive boot so it wasn't that hard to shovel all of the contents of  the house that we needed in there. There were water bottles flying, food being pushed, clothes being ripped as we shoved our trash into the car. There were multiples all over. They're basically just normal zombies with extra heads and limbs. They couldn't get us though, for the car engine made them fall flat on their face. Well, faces.
'Storm, you got any nicotine? At least pack some Guinness for the trip!' Jamie yelled, not helping me and alexis pack his shit.
'You better get off your ass at some point boi!' I yelled making him jump.
Laughs swarmed through the air as we got into the car. Of course I was squished into the back. I was the smallest to be fair, my tallest being 5'6 on my tiptoes.  They tried to play extremely outdated music by artists I'd never heard of, twenty one pilots, Melanie Martinez and some dude called Lewis Capaldi? What sort of a name is that? As the hills got steeper and the lakes got wider, I felt myself flood with panic, I'm not sure why, but I slipped into a panic attack. I began to dissociate as I layed down in the backseats. Dissociation is as if you could see yourself from a 3rd person view, almost like a spectator watching a game, or something along those lines. I began to shake all over as I started the mini episode.
'You okay?' Jamie asked continuing to drive with elegance.
'Y-y-y' I tried to say 'yes' but no words came out.
'Ok, just as long as you're not busting into zombie blood and guts' he joked, I mean at least he could understand 'panic attackian'.
I don't know what time it was when I slowly started to breathe and chill out a little bit. I begun drifted off into the well known flashbacks.

———****———****———
We had to tell ruby and Erin everything that had happened and they thought we were joking. Ha amateurs. They distanced themselves from us as they thought we were insane. We all remembered how the man broke the solid iron bars with his melting, green hands. It was like a decomposed body, but still living? Erin and Ruby went from besties to bullies in months. Trying to pick fights, spitting on us, all that shit. There was also emotional abuse and manipulation but, we did nothing. They walked all over us as if we were a fresh new carpet they had to wipe their hard, cold feet on. Like vampires feasting on the homeless. It was something we couldn't control. 'They can't do this and get away with it!' I screeched, just like the hot-headed dipshit I am, 'we need to stand up for ourselves!'. We were in our hangout (the library, in the corner where we created a little fort) that NO ONE touches because it is ours and everyone knew it, even Ruby and Erin. There was a small computer hidden in a small crack in the wall. Electronics were strictly forbidden on the premises, my mum somehow got it through the security system. Sometimes I think about the fact that maybe my mother may have loved me, and had been manipulated by my father.... I'm not sure.
'Well, how do we do that?' Alexis asked, swiftly moving my mind from the blank state it was kept in, 'huh? Captain thunderpants?'. I stumbled over to the whiteboard still dazed from the memories that flooded over me those few seconds ago. I presented my theory and ideas like a commandant, threatening the comandees. They listened and input their ideas into the bigger picture and got the output. 'Those two bitches can kiss our asses!' I exclaimed.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

I awoken from my 'flashback' to Jamie and Alexis singing my favourite old song, Boulevard of broken dreams by Green day. Alexis changed seats whilst I was out, she had her hand on my stomach, my hands wrapped around hers. I finally felt safe. For the past 5 years, I have felt a sense of danger, in a military base, yet I felt perfectly safe in a tiny fiat 500. Goes to show how shit the system was.
'You feeling any better after your snoozywoozy?' Jamie said in the most childish voice he could make. I took 2-3 naps before I realised where we were going. The military base. Though we lived only outside it, it was extremely difficult to find and then open. We ended up busting it open and as we broke the last piece of metal, we saw a small child, maybe around the age of 2 and 3, sat crying.
'We have to take it.' Jamie said, not even letting me speak, 'I mean, we can't just leave it,'. We picked up the crying child and examined it. There were no bite marks, nor scratches, but there was a bruise on the baby's back. We took the child. What were we supposed to do?

We were finally into the base, the baby was fed, burped and is now asleep. I was the one to hold it, obviously because I'm great with children. That's a joke but I might actually try to look after the kid. I mean it has big brown eyes with strawberry blonde hair. How can you say no? We walked down the everlasting corridors of which brought back the memories. All I was thinking is that quote. 'We knew the place like the back of our hands,'.
'I've got the layout, just hold the kid,' I said, trying to keep my voice down 'follow me,'. Jamie grabbed the baby and played with it whilst I was running round the compound.
'The base patrol is baaaccckkk baby!' I sang to the others, reliving my childhood.