Chapter 3 : Fear

Fear

"She must find a job," came my fathers voice through the thick doors of the study.

"Our image can still be saved if she becomes a high ranking member of the first order."

"NoOoOo!" Came my mothers wailing.

"Control yourself, Anamar. We must do something. Every day that we allow to pass is just another day she gets older. At this rate, we will be lucky if I can get her a position as a planet ambassador. She has a pretty face, men seem to respond well to that. She can't be an officer, she has no military knowledge."

I could practically hear him pacing back and forth from my perch at the top of the stairs.

"OoOoOooooo," came more wailing from my mother, interrupted by the occasional soft sob.

"Really, Anamar, pull yourself together. General Hux was the last real prospect I had for her, and with his silence on the matter, we must move forward with Plan B."

It had been 2 weeks since the Allegiancy Ball. I had waited patiently the first few days to hear from Armitage. He was a high ranking General after all, perhaps he was quite busy with work. After the first week went by, I began to give up hope. At twelve days, my father started mentioning different positions I might find interesting within the first order. My mother was still expecting Armitage to storm through the door at any moment and confess his undying love to me. We would be married a week later and I'd be pregnant with her grandchild before the honeymoon.

The saddest part of the whole situation was that in those first few days, I started to considered what a life with Armitage would be like. And I rather liked the idea.

We had spent almost an hour together on the balcony that night, my back pressed up against the marble wall. His hands cupped my breasts through my dress while he trailed kisses from my chin to my throat. His dress shirt was pushed down over his shoulders, allowing me to leave small bite marks on his collarbone. He didn't seem too fond of it at first, but I ended up with a few marks on mine as well. The night only ended when a stormtrooper discovered us during his patrol, causing Armitage to turn the darkest shade of red I believe a person capable of turning.

He walked me to my transport, leaning in one last time to kiss me before whispering goodnight.

And then... nothing. Fourteen days, and no word. I allowed myself a few of those days to mourn the life we could have had before pulling myself up by the bootstraps.

If Armitage wasn't interested in more than a handful of my ample ass, then I wasn't interested in a handful of his either.

"Eladia, stop eavesdropping and come in here," my father shouted up the stairs.

Huffing, I pulled myself up by the bannister and made my way down to the study.

"Yes, Father," I asked, intertwining my hands behind my back.

"Your mother and I believe it is time for you to find your place within the Order," father began. "The previous ideals that you should marry and run a home are no longer valid in our new empire. Many woman are putting their talents to use to help serve the First Order as we embark on our new mission of instating a galactic Oligarchy."

I looked between him and my mother, who sat on her chaise lounge, eyes puffy and face solemn.

"Ok," I stated simply.

My father looked slightly taken aback.

"Ok?" He questioned.

"Yes. Ok. How do I go about finding the right position? Is there someone I can speak to? An Agency of some sort?" I asked, walking to his desk to grab a pen and paper. "Do you have the name of someone I can holograph? I'd like to get started right away."
"
OoOooOooOoO!" My mother wailed again, dropping her face in her hands.
******* ******* ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ****** ****** ******* ******* ******** *******
The First Order held it's Orientations within the cluster of government buildings in the middle of the capital. I sat in a small group of 20-somethings as an elderly scholar flipped through different slides highlighting how our choices would help to grow our new Empire.