Chapter 19: The Force Won't Keep Us Apart

You all walk into the Eagle. You look around.

Louis: Good to be back, huh?

You: You have no idea.

Everyone but you, Clem, and Gt walk away. You look at your old room door. You walk over to it. Clem looks over at you and follows behind.

You open your door and you walk inside. Everything is almost the exact same. You walk over to your bed and you sit down. This compared to a meditation chamber, is like sitting on a marshmallow.

You: Wow.

Clem: What?

You: I just forgot how soft this was.

Clem: ...When's the last time you slept?

You: I was never able to sleep, Clementine. Revan had this meditation chamber, but it wasn't even as spacious as this room.

Clementine sits next to you. You keep looking around the room, letting the memories come back.

You: I remember meditating in here. It was one of the only times I got to be relaxed... I missed this.

Clem: ...Well, you don't have to worry about losing it ever again.

You look at Clem. You both smile at each other. You look at the counter to see a framed picture.

You: Is that...?

You pick the picture up and you look at it. It's the one from when you were training on Dagobah. You look at Clem.

You: You kept it?

Clem sighs.

Clem: Yeah... It's kinda the only thing I have to remember you by.

You: So this was your room?

Clem: Mm-hm.

You look back at the picture.

Clem: ...You alright?

You: Yeah...I'm just wondering about something.

Clem: About what?

You shrug your shoulders.

You: ...Us.

Clem: What do you mean?

You: I mean...before all the shit happened, we...ya know.

Clem: Kissed.

You: Yeah. We kissed.

Clem: So...

You: So what does that make us? I like you, Clementine, but master Yoda once told me that love was forbidden in the Jedi... But my dad had an entire family when he joined.

Clementine raises her eyebrow.

Clem: Where are you going with this?

You take a deep breath. You look at Clem.

You: ...I like you Clem. There's no getting around it. And when we kissed, I...I just felt something right. But I'm starting to think that Revan was able to take control of me because I was mad and a little sad that I thought that I wouldn't get to do it again... I'm not sure if me liking you is leading me to my destiny...or to the dark side. You say, looking down.

Clementine thinks about what to do for a few seconds. She grabs your cheeks and kisses you. After about seven seconds of kissing, she pulls back and looks at you, still holding onto your face.

Clem: I don't care what the force says about this. You're allowed to feel this way. There's nothing wrong with it. And you saved my life countless times, so I think I have a right to like you back.

You smile at her, making her smile back. You kiss her again.

Gt beeps in awkwardness.