Chapter 1: C.A.L.M.

“Tik. Tok. Tik. Tok. Tik. T—what the fuck?! Why’s Calum late today? Do you guys have any idea?” Michael asked to both Ashton and Luke who were playing Mario Kart at the moment.

“Why does let it bother you Mike? We don’t know, he might just found a girl outs—”, Ashton tried to say but then was cut by Mike.

“That’s what exactly bothers me! He, hanging out with a girl out there while I am stocked here with you two who don’t even pay their full attention on me. I pity myself if that is what’s really happening,” Mike replied with a pout, crossing his arms on his chest.

“Don’t pout Mike, it’s gross. Don’t worry about him. If he’s late because he’s in a fight, Calum’s big enough to protect himself,” Luke added to the conversation.

“I know that Hemmo. He has the muscles no one dares to fight with. It’s just that it’s like for the first time in forever, he became late. It actually makes me wants to sing the Frozen song and take role of Anna’s,” Mike said rolling his eyes.

The three of them are still waiting for Calum to come in their supposedly band rehearsal at 7 pm but is now almost 8:30 and he still isn’t here. And oh, by the way, they are actually in Calum’s place right now.

“I am famisheeeedd,” Luke said clutching Ashton’s shirt.

Magical as it was, just after Luke said he is hungry, the door flew open and there they saw Calum, but not just him because he is with a raven-haired girl beside him. The girl wears a sleeveless floral dress which ends just above her knees together with a pair of combat boots which has the same color as her wavy long hair.

“HEYY!” the three guys shouted in unison.

Calum-who is shocked and still at the door frame-said, “Oh, you guys still here! I thought you left alrea—”

 “VAL!” Michael screamed as if they’re like meters away when actually, they can’t get anymore closer. “I miss you so much!” Mike said still hugging Valerie very tightly then kissed her on her cheeks. She just giggled.

“Now I know why you have been late for an hour and a half, Calum Thomas Hood! Why didn’t you tell me you’re with my lady?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

“We just accidentally bumped into each other at the convenience store and.. I actually like it to be a surprise, cheeky and still flirty boy,” Valerie replied.

“Cheeky and still flirty boy of yours, honey,” he flirted with a wink while the other guys just face palmed.

“Whatever,” she replied with a giggle.

Valerie Taylors is the childhood sweetheart of Michael. They were best of friends since they were six and eventually have been also the girl best friend of the four of them. It has been three years since they last saw each other and by the way Mike acted, it’s obvious that he did really miss his childhood girl so much.