West

And, well, so much for steady heartbeat. I could hear myself tremble in fear as the crowd of biters grew near. I took the swords on my back out of their holsters. In no way can guns take on such a large herd.

"RUN!!" Manson shouted. Everybody did as instructed. They started taking off toward the woods, heading west instead of our path heading north. Whatever this was had to be big, I just didn't have time nor the courage to tell. Manson would usually order us to fight.

I looked at John who looked at me. The guys were already far ahead of us. Without further thought, I have John a nudge then we took off as fast as we could. The growling & moaning grew louder. They were right on our trail! They covered more than the width of all the lanes combined. Four lanes in total. It was a highway so you can't underestimate how many biters we were dealing with.

I felt a few things jingle in my backpack. Then it occurred to me that light & sound drew the biters. There was a lighter there! Quickly, I pulled the pack off my shoulders then tore the zipper open. I grabbed my lighter & a random comic book then lit it aflame. Biters noticed instantly then made a beeline toward me. I threw it to the far eastern side of the road. Thankfully, the biters staggered toward the burning pages. That would hold them off long enough.

I followed John veer off to the left to follow the other guys. West. Where we'd all find each other later on, God would know. I wasn't a believer but if he was out there then yes.

The zombies were now clustered around the flame. A few of them began to burn themselves in the process. I swore, if they were smarter, the whole human population would be wiped out by now. If it wasn't clean of civilization yet. I know that Jesus promised the resurrection of the dead, but I was sure he had something else in mind. Yeah, yeah. If you get the reference then good for you. HersheL Greene said it to Rick, I think, after the group was split up & the two were stuck at the highway. I'm a WaLking Dead die hard fan. At least when I didn't have to face & live the same reality the characters faced. Were they still alive? They've had training before. They're alive. Except those who died in the show. They're as good as dead. Now I hate the walking dead. The biters. The show's fine by me.

Twiggy's P.O.V.

I caught up with the group & as far as we could tell, we were safe. But not safe enough. At least an eye should be open at all times specially when sleeping. But at best, individuals must stay alert.

I found the others huddled up together near a bunched up set of fallen trees & mossy dead ones. There was a tree house right by it. Pogo says that someone's inside & he knew full well that there was someone there, but Manny says that it was far too dangerous. We'd have to wait until John & Ginger gets back. Everyone else was there. The two girls, Pogo, Manson, Skold, me, who else? That was about right. Two missing. We made a trail with all the running. That's how I found them. John & Ginger were right behind me so they knew where to go. They'll see the trail. I had hope in them... they had to come back. For me. For everyone else. They were family. No group of walkers could ever take that away.

The sun was setting. The sky was gold & orange & yellow. Somewhere on the opposite side of the setting sun was the darkening sky. It was reddish with some violet. It had to be 4pm. Usually, in LA during winter the sun would start setting at this time. It would be dark by 5 so the couple should hurry. No fucking along the way. Dear god, I was worried sick. The other guys had to be. I assume that through their lack of commotion came fear. No matter how much these dicks pestered & antagonized each other, we were a band of brothers. A gothic, androgynous, horny, group of men with two goddess groupies by their side. Yeah. We're a family.

"When are they going to get back?" It was dark now. No trace of light. The atmosphere felt almost sinister.
There was rustling coming from where we came from. Manson raised his gun, but his arm fell limp.
"Ginger! Man, what took you so long?" Pogo greeted him.
Fishboy simply looked around, scanning each of our faces.

"... Where's John?"

Ooh, cLiffy! Tell me if you want an update.

Comment, vote, whatever the fuck. Thank you for reading! <3