Chapter 7: Way To Be Creepy, Freddy Krueger

"So, mud boy, give us a teaser," Lizzie leaned back and stared hard at Clarke. "Tell us one thing about the curse of the Gemini coven that we don't already know."

Clarke considered her for a moment. It was a reasonable request. He wouldn't give too much away, but he could prove he did actually know something. He needed to get on the blonde's good side if they had any hope of getting her to help.

He settled into a seat by the window to put himself on her level, make him seem less imposing. A tactic from his days with Triad.

"It's not a curse in the strictest sense," he explained. "Someone didn't curse the coven. The coven did it to themselves."

Hope's eyes widened and Lizzie leaned forward.

"You're telling me my ancestors thought, let's just slap the twins of every generation together, cause them untold torment, pit them against each other, oh, and the victor gets to rule the coven? And they did this on purpose?"

"Yes," Clarke nodded.

Lizzie sprang up and paced.

Hope sat down to give her space.

"Why!?" Lizzie demanded to know.

Clarke shook his head. "That's all you get."

"Argh!" she groaned in frustration. "Hope, make him talk! Read his mind or something!"

"It doesn't work that way," Hope explained. "He can read my thoughts, I can't read his." Except in wolf form, but she didn't need to know that.

"Next time Josie wants to use black magic to link you to someone, she should be more clear," the blonde grumbled, glaring at him.

Smiling that smug grin of his, Clarke knew he had her. She was going to help.

Suddenly Lizzie grasped her stomach and groaned in pain.

Hope sprang up. "What's wrong? Is it the wound? Do you need to sit down?"

"No, it's—" she gasped.

Hope pulled back, holding her nose. "Oh my God, Lizzie, what is that smell?"

"It's why I came to see you," she backed away, her face turning red. "Can you make him leave?! Oh my God, this is so embarrassing." She backed away further and ran for the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

Hope held up the prism. She looked at Clarke and shrugged apologetically. "You might want to block this one out."

Wrinkling his own nose distastefully, he nodded though it was more about blocking out thoughts. He feared there was no blocking that out.

Deactivating the prism, Hope searched for air freshener and then scented candles when she found none, groaning when the only candle she could find was Alyssa's bacon scented one. She lit it anyway.

She braced herself and went to the bathroom door. "Are you okay?"

"No!" Lizzie replied sharply. "As if the pain in my side wasn't enough, I have to deal with twin sympathy too!"

"Oh...Oh!" Hope finally understood. "You mean Josie..."

"She's still doing black magic! And I'm the one dealing with the after effects," she hollered through the door. "Please tell me you have more toilet paper. I didn't think anyone ran out since the great TP shortage of 2020."

"It's in the cabinet behind you," Hope answered, feeling bad as she heard Lizzie moan again.

"Worst morning EVER."