No Regrets

She held her breath waiting for the verdict.

"All those in favour of Sirius Black." The minister spoke.

45 of 50 raised their hands.

"Lord Sirius Orion Black is now a free man. Case dismissed!"

Hermione sighed in relief. She did it, she managed to win Sirius's case. He now was a free man, out of Azkaban and legal Guardian of his godson Harry James Potter. In addition, his bank accounts were reopened making him Lord Black.

She turned towards the podium, her eyes searching for him only to find him running at her. A gleeful smile stretched across his handsome face.

"You gorgeous, amazing, beautiful, brilliant witch!"

With that he picked her up twirling them around. Both laughing merrily. When they both became slightly dizzy, he set her down starring into her eyes with a look that could only be described as love. Unconditional love. Hermione smiled back at him. He then dipped her, one of her hands went from his neck to hold his cheek as he mirrored her movements. Slowly their heads moved towards each other until their lips brushed. The kiss was soft and slow, the perfect first kiss. When they broke apart, slightly out of breath, slightly flushed and beaming, they rested their foreheads on each other's.

Neither of the two noticed the reporter photographing them nor everyone in the room watching. They were too lost in each other.

"No regrets." Sirius whispered.

"No regrets." Hermione confirmed.

In the background a certain Metamorphmagus and Auror named Nymphadora Tonks reached into one of her pockets, retrieved 5 galleons and dropped them into the hands of none other than Remus Lupin who was grinning smugly.

"Told you he would finally kiss her here." He whispered.

Tonks rolled her eyes.

"Couldn't they have waited 'til they were at home?" She grumbled.

The next morning at number 12 Grimmauld Place.

"Remus and Tonks are bringing Harry over later." Sirius informed Hermione who was sitting opposite him at the kitchen table drinking tea.

"Do you think he has seen the article?" The witch asked waving the daily prophet in front of her lover's face. The front page was covered with a photo of them kissing at his trial.

"Probably." Her eyes met his.

"I hope he isn't mad at us."

Hermione reached across the table and grabbed Sirius's hand.

"No matter what his reaction is going to be, I don't regret a single thing. I love you Hermione and I am never going to let you go."

She smiled at him.

"I love you too, Snuffles." She winked as he playfully glared at her. "No regrets."

When afternoon turned around Hermione and Sirius were cuddling on the sofa in front of the lit fireplace in the library.

"Sirius! Hermione where are you?!" Remus called from downstairs which of course set of Walburga Black also known as the most annoying portrait to have ever existed.

"FILTH IN MY HOUSE, HOW DARE YOU ENTER YOU-"

Mrs. Black was promptly cut off by a silencing charm and her curtains being shut.