CHAPTER 10

It took solid ten minutes to get to the hospital and they rushed Zayn into the emergency section. Harry just stood there in front of the ICU not knowing what to do. He sat on the chair in front of the room and watched every nurse and doctor walking in and out of the room.

"Who are you to him?" The doctor asked Harry.

"A friend." Harry answered with a blank face.

"Why do you think he attempted suicide?"

"I don't know." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Okay." The doctor looked sceptically and turned to meet the other person. "Who are you?"

"His professor."

"Where is his family?" The doctor frowned.

"In Bradford." He lied because they don't want their college's reputation to go down for a suicide attempt so they won't tell this to his family unless he's dead.

"Okay". The doctor replied. "Thank god you brought him at the right time, if not he would've been dead." He said to Harry. "But we can't tell anything until he wakes up because there is too much blood loss."

Harry was just in his shirt in this freezing December and was fully soaked in water because of that shower. He didn't realize but he was shivering with his teeth clashing between each other. Their professor asked Adam to take Harry back to the dorm and so he did.

When Harry entered their room it smelled like whiskies and cigarettes. He looked around and noticed the burned cigarette pieces which are dumped here and there by Zayn in this morning. He cleaned the bathroom and took a shower like it was some normal day.

He walked back to the hospital and came across a church. He has never been to church since he left Holmes Chapel so he stood there in front of the church for minutes but finally, he decided to go in. When he walked in he was treated by the father of the church.

"You seem distraught son." The father said seeing Harry's emotionless face.

"Maybe because I am." He said looking at Jesus statue behind the priest.

"Whatever your problem is, Jesus is always there to help you." The priest smiled pretending he didn't see Harry's death-glare.

"Does Jesus love homosexual people?" Harry asked with a scowling face.

"He loves everyone equally." The priest smiled.

"Then he should save my boyfriend." Harry said like he was about to cry any minute now.

"He will, only if you ask him." The priest replied.

"I have wished many things, but he has never answered anything." Harry screamed and his voice broke in the end.

"Maybe because you don't need those things."

"Every child needs their parent." He cried kneeling down in front of the priest. The father stood there not knowing what to answer.

"I don't want them but I need Zayn." Harry said wiping his tears. "Please ask your god to not take him from me, please." He begged looking up at the priest.

"I will." The priest replied and Harry stood up.

"He's a Muslim." Harry said as a matter of fact.

"In love, nothing matters." He smiled. "Love is all that matters."

It is something new for Harry, that someone supporting him. No one has ever supported him and his decisions, and a church father supporting his sexuality is not what he learnt while growing up. So this all feels different.

He slowly nodded and thanked the priest and walked to the hospital. The doctors said Zayn has been moved to the normal ward so Harry went to meet him. He was not awake tho but he was there breathing and sleeping. There was a nurse named Lora who is taking care of Zayn.

Harry sat on the stool beside the bed and took Zayn's pale hand in his. He slowly stroked Zayn's knuckles and noticed his nails which are painted in black. Harry just admired the flaws in Zayn's face and kissed his knuckles.

"Please Zayn, don't leave me." He spoke after a long silence gaining Lora's attention.

"I'll do anything to get you back I-I'll even go and pray to G-God to help us." Harry said in between breaths.

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone which I shouldn't have but please, please don't leave me alone." He cried gripping Zayn's hand tight.

Lora just stood there not knowing what to do but she knows no words can soothe Harry's pain. She just stood there watching how Harry's love healed Zayn and how Harry is breaking with every passing second.

She just witnessed how love played the role of medicine and pain, simultaneously.

°•°•°•°