..:: Bookworm ::..

Today was a nice and slow, relaxing day. The love of your life had gone out to run a couple of errands, so you decided to sit comfortably in his bed and read one of your favourite books to pass the time. You were completely lost in your book for a good hour or two, forgetting time and your surroundings completely as you had your perfect me time. Being so engulfed by your reading for so long, you nearly missed the moment your love had returned to you.

"I'm home _______." Shota mumbled, sounding quite tired as he crawled onto the bed next to you.

"Welcome home my big baby." You greeted, glancing over the top of your book to flash him a smile.

"What are you up to?" He asked, gently making his way behind you until you were effectively in his lap with your back against him, his arms wrapped around your midsection lovingly.

"Oh nothing fancy." Just reading!" You answered, eyes never leaving your book. You definitely appreciated his warmth and grasp behind you though.

He hummed gently, watching over your shoulder as you flipped through your book. The speed at which you did so was rather impressive, as he couldn't keep up with your reading pace and lost the words to your speed.

"Damn you read fast. What are you reading? I can't keep up, so could you summarize it for me?" He asked, resting his chin on your shoulder.

"Interested, are you?" You smiled. "I'd be happy to do so."

You slid your bookmark between the pages and set it on the bedside table , leaning back into him and beginning your explanation of the book. There was a lot to go through, as it was quite an extensive series, so you started with the basics and began to list off details pertaining to the setting, back story, and tragedies that shaped the image of the fictional universe. You began to go on about where you were in the series and talk about current events that linked with older instances of foreshadowing, getting into the juicy details of it all. At least twenty minutes had gone by while you explained everything to him, but by then you had noticed that Shota was half asleep, if not completely out.

Giving the man a flick on the head, you pouted loudly, crossing your arms and bouncing defiantly in his lap. "I thought you wanted a summary."

Shota shifted a little as he had not fully fallen asleep, letting out a breathy chuckle upon seeing you being pouty. "Sorry hun. I guess I was just a little more tired than I thought I was."

"I went into such detail too." You pouted further, being intentionally playful with him now.

Shota pulled you closer to him and slid down under the covers on his bed, taking you with him so that he was spooning you. Now wrapped up tightly in his arms he showered your beck and shoulders with kisses, making you giggle and cease your pouting.

"You're so cute when you're passionate about something." He commented. "I didn't miss all of what you said."

"Oh shut up." You mumbled, happy to know that you were indeed heard.

"My cute little bookworm~" He hummed, nuzzling your neck and gently tickling your sides where his arms were wrapped around you.

He wound his legs around yours to keep you from kicking free and trapped your arms with the one that was underneath you, using his free hand to teasing rake his nails across your tummy and poke at your waist, squeezing your hips lovingly and making you squirm in a fit of giggles. Oh how he loved the sound of your laughter. It was always just a gentle touch of his fingers away.

Eventually you managed to turn yourself around in his arms, halting his tickling and looking up at him with a pouty look. He took this as an opportunity to kiss you, pulling you back in close to his chest with a cheeky grin.

"You're an ass." You huffed, unable to stop yourself from smiling.

"Yeah, but I'm your ass." He retorted, kissing your forehead. "Now how about a nice afternoon nap with me, hmm?"

You sighed deeply, knowing you could never say no to him. "Fine. Only because I love you though."

He chuckled victoriously as you snuggled up close to his chest, your breathing slowing to a steady, calm pace. A peaceful life with him was all you needed, happy to be in his arms as he was happy to be the one to hold you.

"I love you too, _______. My passionate, little bookworm~"