Chapter 29: Please work out...

I walked to Steve's house and grabbed the note I wrote for him. I wrote it in a different handwriting since I know he knows what my normal handwriting looks like. I opened the note and quickly fold it into a paper airplane, remembering the time he told me he dreamed of flying one. Once I did, I threw it up. But it fell back down. I sighed and tried again.

And again.

And again.

Until it finally went inside his room. I smiled and quickly walked off to the final destination. To set everything up before he arrives soon.

Steve's P.O.V

I walked into my room and sat on the bed. Staring at the window. It's been a couple of days since everything happened at Elena's house. She hasn't given any signs of wanting to fix things or talk. So I think she's done. It pains me to know that we could've been something. But I also knew that if she was with me, I wouldn't be able to giver her what she truly deserves.

I don't have the money or resources to give her a house, with a nice view, a library where she could put all of her favorite books, she deserves so much but I can't give her that.

I reached down under the bed, to find my notebook. As I reached under, I felt a piece of paper. I grabbed it and was surprised by what it was.

A paper airplane.

"Huh?" I said as I inspected the airplane. I noticed some letters. So I opened it.

"Every time that you leave, my days are longer and my nights turn into nightmares. Somehow I got lost inside your eyes and I can't seem to find my way out. Meet me at this address.

~ the one who has always loved you."

I stared at the clock. It was five thirty. And it's about another half an hour to get to this address.

"Crap" I said as I put my shoes on and walked out the door. Getting in the car.

Part of me believe it was Elena who wrote the letter. But that's not her handwriting. So who could it be?And then it hit me. Could it be Evie? Has she changed her mind about us? But it left me with another question. If it was Evie, would I take her back?

Elena's P.O.V

It was ten minutes after I set up everything. I had a picnic set up with a bottle of wine and some food I made. There were no signs of Steve. I sighed deeply. And I waited five more minutes.

Then another five.

Then fifteen minutes.

Then an hour.

I shook my head in sadness. He must've figured out it was me and didn't want to see me. The food was cold and the wine was almost room temperature. I just sighed and opened the trunk of the car. Beginning to pack everything up. I had everything repacked up except for the bottle. So I closed the trunk and turned back to get it. When I stumbled upon Steve.

"Steve." I said as I looked up.

"Elena?" He asked in genuine surprise.

"I thought you weren't coming. I had everything ready. I had food made. A bottle of wine. I was gonna say this long ass speech on why I really love you and I just-  I thought you weren't coming and I-. Steve. I believe we can be extraordinary together rather than ordinary apart. I believe our love is made from true feelings and pure love. I believe that what we have. Is something that few people have. And I believe that when I'm without you. I'm not alive." I said. He simply looked at me.

"Steve. I love you. So much. That I would do anything for you. I don't care about what my family thinks. Because this is my life. And I plan to live it to the fullest. With the person who I love. Only. Only if you want to live it with me." I stared into his eyes. And he looked at me.

"I-." Is all he said....