Chapter 8

Jungkook should have known exactly what to expect when he unlocked the door to his dorm room in the late afternoon. He had gone almost directly to his classes on the way from Seokjin’s house, and was finally back home to change and shower.

He should have known Taehyung would be there, sitting at his desk and sipping iced coffee, arching an eyebrow and brandishing a smirk in his direction.

“Well, well, well,” Taehyung began. “Look who’s doing the walk of shame.”

Jungkook blushed, dropping his backpack to the bed with a thumping noise and flopping onto the mattress after it.

“It’s not like that…” Jungkook mumbled into his pillow.

“Oh really?”

A pillow slapped across Jungkook’s bottom, making him sigh. Taehyung hit him two more times.

“You really expect me to believe you just happened to never come back from your nightly and now you just roll in still wearing the same clothes from last night? Be real. How was he?”

Jungkook felt that shy smile blossom across his face, his chest happy twistings and butterflies, and he buried his face further into his pillow, shaking his head in denial. Taehyung smacked him a few more times with the pillow, egging him on, until Jungkook finally turned to look at him.

“And look at your dumb ass face!” Taehyung hollered, giving the aforementioned face another slap with the pillow for good measure. “You totally did it!”

“No, actually, we didn’t.” Jungkook bit his lip. “But I didkiss him.”

Taehyung leaned back, crossing his arms and considering this news for a moment. Finally, he nodded. “I’ll accept that, I guess.”

“It’s not like we could do much with Jimin sleeping between us,” Jungkook rolled his eyes, resting his chin against the heel of his hand. “But I’m going back over tonight.”

“Already in the honeymoon phase, I see,” Taehyung teased, going back to restart the episode of the anime he’d been watching. “Good for you.”

Jungkook watched Taehyung’s anime for awhile, falling into silence, and then he looked over at his friend. “Are you still bummed out? About Yoongi?”

“I was over that ages ago,” Taehyung said breezily, not looking away from the screen. “I really did want to use him as a model mostly. Although you know my weakness for short guys.”

“Yeah…” Jungkook watched his roommate for a bit longer, sprawling over onto his side and stretching out.

“I could always date Jimin. He’s pretty cute.”

Jungkook leapt up from the bed, slapping Taehyung across the back of the head with his own pillow, making the older boy laugh.

“Okay, but more seriously,” Taehyung arched an eyebrow, his hair mussed to one side from the pillow assault. “You’re dating a guy with a kid , are you...okay with that?”