39 / 三十九 / san-jyu-kyu

Chapter 39, Nice

THIRD POV

Sakusa glanced at the wall clock in the gym for the hundredth time. He was getting impatient, Shirome was late.

"Sakusa, what's wrong? You look kind of negative. I mean you always do but what's up, man?" His cousin asked.

"Nothing," He mumbled and sighed.

The gym doors opened and Sakusa whipped his head fast to see who it is. He frowned when he realized it was just one of the coaches.

"Seriously, what's up with you?" His cousin sighed.

"Komori," Sakusa gave him a frown indicating that he doesn't want to be asked the same question over and over.

"Right," Komori nodded awkwardly and walked to some area. It was their stretching time.

The ravenette stretched silently, he didn't look up when he heard the gym doors open again. He thought it was another one of the coaches.

Shirome approached the coaches holding files. They noticed her and slightly bowed which she just waved off. Other players were gawking at her when they were stretching.

"Woah dude look, she looks cute," A random guy whispered to the boy next to him.

The blueberry raised his brow in confusion but looked anyway. His eyes widened when he saw Shirome's back, he recognized her by the hair. Sakusa whipped his head up and finally noticed her.

Kageyama immediately stood up and went to her, freezing a little when Sakusa noticed him approaching too.

The germaphobe got ticked off when Kageyama ignored him and proceeded to get closer to Shirome.

"Um, Furumi-san," He slightly gulped.

The said girl turned around with a slightly surprised face, "Ah, Tobio."

His stomach felt warm when she gave him a warm smile. Blinking, he thought of what to say.

"Can I ask why you're here?" He started.

"The girls' camp is just at the next building. I got invited too," She said.

"Oh," He awkwardly ended.

"Shirome," Sakusa stood beside Kageyama.

"Ooh, Kiyoomi-senpai," Her smile widened.

"Ah, you seem to know her. Kageyama, Sakusa?" A coach hummed.

"She's a friend of mine," Both boys simultaneously said. Sakusa's eye twitched and Kageyama just stood silent.

"Well, I suppose there's still time to kill. Why don't both of you play with her? I'm sure no one will mind," The coach kindly offered.

"Is it necessary?" Shirome kindly asked with a slight frown on her face. She didn't want attention right now.

"Only if you want to."

"....I guess I could stay for a while. The girls there don't like me, I think," She frowned.

Kageyama's eyes widened, "Furumi-san, how could someone dislike you??"

The girl was slightly taken aback at his mini outburst and Sakusa grimaced a little. She shrugged slightly, feeling a little awkward.

"Shirome, come toss for me," He said and walked to a vacant court without sparing a glance.

"Tobio, come join us," She smiled at the blueberry.

"..Sure," He slowly nodded and followed her to the court.