Merlin Is Coming To Dinner

Preparations begun immediately.

I told Arthur not to worry so much, Merlin would love him. That didn't help him, he was a nervous wreck every night leading up to Merlin's arrival.

Finally, the day had come for Merlin and Marie to meet Arthur and everyone else. My sister wrote that she wouldn't make it, but to say hello to everyone.

They rode into the walls and Arthur and the Sir's were to meet them. Arthur would show them to their rooms, give them a tour and I would see them in the dining room, or the throne room at the moment. We are still redecorating.

I wanted to prepare the meal for everyone. Mostly because I know how picky Merlin can be. I recruited Blue and Wet Stick to help me in the kitchen. Blue got bored halfway through the first recipe and asked to be let out of the miserable kitchen. I nodded to him, Wet Stick stayed with me though.

We laughed and talked, he said that Arthur had a talk with him. He apoligized in his own way of being a little more absent than usual, telling Wet Stick we were trying to have a baby. Stick telling that to me. I laughed again, Stick was the first person both Arthur and I told about having a baby. How funny.

We continued with cooking and baking the whole day until finally, we started to set up the table. I hadn't seen anyone since I woke up and started all the cooking. Stick and I were covered in flour and I knew Merlin weren't be too dressed up. I assumed Arthur would wear his crown but nothing too fancy. 

I was completely wrong.

The whole crew walked into the throne room so dressed up. Even Blue was dressed up.  Merlin as I guessed was simply wearing his robe, nothing fancy at all. Stick and I looked at each other before snickering back and forth. I could see Arthur was uncomfortable and possibly a little embarassed.

Stick and I placed that last dish on the table before going to greet everyone. I walked straight up to Merlin hugging him.

"I see Arthur has come along way," Merlin said in my ear.

"He is nervous to meet you. They all are. I didn't even know everyone was dressing so fancy."

We pull back and I say to everyone, "Let's eat!"

The night went great. After dinner, Merlin and Arthur went on a little walk. When they returned my husband looked so much more relaxed. He whispered in my ear that he loved me and kissed my head.