02

I exhale, my feet were tired from walking around all day

I exhale, my feet were tired from walking around all day. So, I phase through a clothing store, quickly looking back at the few people who were walking around in the dark outside. I make my way to the counter, emptying my backpack and examining my valuables.

After selling all of my Moms jewelry, I had about two hundred bucks under my belt. Kudos to Mom for buying fake jewelry, or else I would've had more cash. I pick apart the clothes, but it was nothing I could be comfortable in. I rub my face, everything was turning out to be such a chore.

I leave my things and head to the racks, picking a few T-shirts when I hear a few footsteps. I look around, seeing a head slowly walk down the isles, pointing a flashlight around the store. This place cannot seriously have security.

I scurry behind the counter, hearing the footsteps come closer. I peek around, watching as the light stops at the women's mannequins. Being in complete darkness like this made it difficult to use my powers, so I couldn't knock this guy out right now.

I stand slowly, shoving the new shirts and the rest of my things into my backpack. I tuck my bag away behind the counter, and I listen closely as he seems to be confessing his love to a piece of plastic. I cover my mouth to stifle any noise, wether it be disgust or laughter from this crazy guy.

As I peek around the counter, the flashlight is pointed directly at me. Shit, this is where I get caught for stealing! I hear more footsteps, and the light turns around away from me. I sigh, relaxing my body against the floor.

My head turns when another sound fills the room. "No!" The guy screams, and my body tenses as gunfire fills throughout the whole store. I just cannot escape all these dudes with guns! I jump when a bullet shoots through the counter and into the wall in front of me. This must be my sign to run.

I quickly dive into the isles of clothes, hearing bullets whoosh past my head. As soon as I make it to the doors, I am out of here. My heart starts beating out of my chest, and I struggled to hear anything around me besides the shooting.

I turn around to see one of the shooters coming towards me, and they immediately open fire. I teleport across the store, bumping into someone. I look up, seeing the boy from the donut shop, and his hand quickly covers my mouth.

"Get in my way right now, and I'll kill you myself," he snaps, and the words on my arm start to burn. I lick the guys hand, causing him to pull away, and I teleport across the store once again.

"Shoot anything that moves," I hear ahead of me, and I realize I was right behind one of the gunmen. My hands glow, and I shoot the lady in the back, causing her to stumble and turn around, and she opens fire on me. I trip when a bullet enters the side of my leg, and I cry out as I shoot another beam and cause her to drop her gun.