Happy Rakshabandhan

been 3 days since the festival... but atleast i posted it this year :')

happy rakshabandhan!

caution: a very long chapter ahead.

~~~

this scenario was requested by archerkarakroff hope you like it.

~~~

The whole country does not celebrate this festival but I believe that since there are no restrictions, anyone, irrespective of their religion or nationality, can celebrate this divine relation between brothers and sisters.

~~~

this is a fiction ya'll. everything here came from my imagination so it could transfer to yours, it'all in our heads, thanks

(lmao it was the most informal disclaimer ever)

sit back, relax and enjoy :)

~~~

South Korea is a great place for business enthusiasts like your parents. You had moved here at a very young age and now, you've gotten used to the korean lifestyle, language and culture. Midst this cultural shift, you never forgot your roots because your parents made sure you knew your way back home.

After a long day at work, when you enter your house, its colourful and aesthetically pleasing interior and the bluetooth speaker which blasts your mom's favourite songs gives you solace. This makes you realise how indian you are.

lag ja gale ki phir ye haseen raat ho na ho~

your mom hums the classic, the song admired by every indian no matter what part are they from, while she makes dinner in the kitchen.

"shayad phir is janam me mulaaqat ho na ho" you complete the lyrics as you enter the kitchen to get yourself a glass of water.

"arey, aagaya mera bachha?"

("oh, is my child back?")

she smiles as she asks in a sweet voice as if you're still a six year old. you take a sip and say, "nahi to" ("nope"), earning a small smack on your shoulder which makes you both laugh.

On your way to your room, you come across the drawing room where you find your dad on the sofa infront of the television, which has news blaring on it. Oh how you want to tell him to help your mom in kitchen but you dont know how to make it sound less disrespectful. The fact that your mom is a typical indian homemaker who grew up in a sexist era made you not interfere with the distribution of work at home yet. Your dad has a job so he deserves rest after he comes back.

You usually come home around 8 or 9, sometimes 10, while your dad's back early i.e somehwere around 6; companies overwork the rookies. You work at your dad's company, not nepotism though. You studied, got a degree, and interviewed for the job. Your dad made sure his associates werent the one to interview you so they could avoid being partial in any way possible.

After freshening yourself up, three of you gather at the dining table for dinner. You all carry out small conversations about your days and enjoy your meals.

"arey, your friend... what was his name... sachin? sochin? soojin?-

"seokjin" you correct you father.