Chapter 5

*Courtney*

After I finished the song, I heard Adam's voice.

"Wow. That was beautiful." 

I yelped and almost dropped my guitar. 

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He said, reaching up to take the guitar. I gave it to him and jumped down.

"That's okay." I sniffed. I hoped he didn't notice how red my eyes were. "Why are you here?"

"I came to make sure you were okay. Dean was pretty mean to you back there." He said, giving me a soft look. 

I sighed. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just want to be friends with him, that's all. But he going to make that difficult." 

"It's okay, Court. If you need any help, I'm here." Adam said. I smiled up at him and he smiled back. 

Wow. He's so handsome. I though. And that is when I realised that I was crushing on Adam Banks.

................................................................................................................................................................

"Connie! Julie!" I hissed when Adam and I got back to the hotel. The saw me and ran towards us. 

"Court! Are you okay?" Julie asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Can I talk to you guys in our room?" I asked. 

"Sure." Connie said. Adam walked over to Charlie and Guy and we made our way to our room.

"Okay, shoot." Julie said. 

I took a deep breath, grabbed a pillow from the couch we were sitting on and began. "Okay, so Adam came looking for me. He found me singing in a tree - singing helps me when I'm really upset sometimes - and said it was beautiful. He helped me get down, and when I told him that what I wanted was to be friends with Dean, he said if I needed any help he was there for me. And than I realised I have a crush on him." I took a deep breath since I'd rushed through that with one breath and hid my face in my pillow. 

Julie and Connie squealed. 

"Girl, that was so obvious since this morning, but I still can't believe it!" Conne squealed. "Are you gonna tell him?"

I shot up. "What? No way! There's now way he has a crush on me. I would just embarrass myself."

"Whatever." Julie said. "Girl, you should just tell him!" 

"I can't!" I squealed. Suddenly a knock came on our door. I froze. What if it was Adam? What if he heard everything?

"Hi Coach!" Connie said, answering the door. 

"Hi. Meet me in an hour down in the lobby with rollerblading stuff on." Coach said. 

"Okay." Connie closed the door and I breathed and sigh of relief. 

"It wasn't Adam." I breathed. 

*Adam*

I walked up to Guy and Charlie, my two best friends. "Can I talk to you guys for a sec?" I asked. 

"Sure." Charlie said. We went to a quiet corner in the lobby. 

"Okay, so, um, I went in search of Court and I found her singing in a tree and I told her it was a beautiful song - it seriously was, you guys would love it - and helped you out of the tree. She said that she wanted to be friends with Dean and I told her that if she ever needed any help I'd be there for here. And then I realised that I have a crush on her." I rushed. They both smiled.