Chapter 04.

JAZLYN

"MOM... Help please" "Get off me, stop" I yelled crying as I tried to block his hits back to back. From what I could see in my blurry vision was my mom sitting on the floor with tears running down her face. Why doesn't she help me? The tears continued to flow as I constantly tried to fight Charles off me. My body was getting weaker by the second. After what felt like centuries he kicked me once more before lighting up his cigar

"Go clean yourself up... Disgusting" he spoke as he walked over to my mom. I laid there trying to get up but it was so hard to move my body. I slowly crawled up the stairs to my room. This was by far the worst beaten I have ever received. All because I came home too late. It's the weekend and he had no right to tell me when I can come home. I was chilling with Harlow earlier and decided to come home because she was about to leave with her parents to drive over to her grandparents house. It wasn't even late. I finally got to my bathroom and leaned my head against the door. I looked at my open cabinet and saw my blade laying there. I stared at it for a while trying not to go back to that old habit. Tears slipped my eyes as I remembered I promised my sister I would never let myself get to that low of a point again. My eyes stayed glued at it just thinking. I didn't ask for any of this. Why can't I just have an easier life. I reached over grabbing the blade. I rubbed my finger over it. Just one cut.

When I was about to do it, thoughts of my sister flooded my head. I wiped my tears, throwing the blade to the other side of the bathroom. I ran my fingers over my head just letting my thoughts flow. I pulled out my phone and looked at my contacts. Bryson was out of town and I didn't want him to worry too much. I clicked on Harlow's number raising it to my ear. It continued to ring before it went to her voicemail after a while. I hung up and stared at my phone. I looked at Chris' number debating if I should even let him know this. I already didn't want to tell him about my depressing life but I really needed a friend and somewhere away from here. He could possibly still be at work. I clicked on his contacts clearing my throat. It rang twice before I heard his voice.

"Wassup Jazlyn, you good?" I bit my tongue trying to think of a way to talk to him.

"Hey are you busy?" I heard some shuffling.

"What's wrong?"

"Uh a lot, do you think you can come get me"

"Uh yeah, I'm wrapping up this guy tattoo and I'll be right there."

"If your busy it's okay"

"Nah I'm coming, just be ready" after he said that he hung up. I bit my lip before attempting to get up. I looked at myself in the mirror and I honestly looked fucked up. I reached over and started my shower. I undressed myself then put my hair in a high ponytail. I got into the now steamy shower wincing as it hit my skin. I closed my eyes as the events replayed in my mind. Why didn't she help me? Every time it gets bad like that she just stares blankly. I grabbed my loofah and started scrubbing my body. I need a vacation away from life.

My shower was soon over and I was in my room getting dressed

My shower was soon over and I was in my room getting dressed. I looked at the bruises all over my face and body realizing there was no way to hide these from anyone unless I wear makeup. I threw on a tshirt and some shorts. I put some socks on and lotioned my visible skin. My phone caught my attention. I unlocked it to read the message.

I'm outside
-Chris

I grabbed my charger and keys and walked out of my room quietly. I peaked around the corner to see Charles in the living room smoking probably his 3rd cigar. I quietly walked to the front door opening it slowly. Lowkey glad our alarm system was disarmed. I closed the door back and walked over to Chris' car. I got inside trying my best not looking at him

"Thank you for coming to get me"

"Yeah it's no problem" he got silent so I looked Over at him slightly to see him studying me.

"Why are you hiding yourself?" I shrugged my shoulders. I grabbed my wrist removing it from my arm revealing the big ass bruise along with many others.

"The fuck. look at me Jaz" I looked over at him before my eyes looked away.

"Ah hell nah, he's beating on you too" he unbuckled his seatbelt trying to get out of the car. I grabbed his hand trying to restrain him as much as possible.

"Please don't. Let's just go" he stared at me before sighing and closing his door. As he pulled out he started calling a number. I rubbed my arm looking out the window.

"Aye wassup, can you reschedule my morning appointments, some family stuff came up" "thanks"

"You didn't have to do that"

"Nah it's okay, you're free to stay as long as you want at my place" I gave a small smile and then went to look back out the window.

"Thank you"

"It's nothing, you're basically family. I got you" he squeezed my hand slightly before putting it back on the wheel. I pulled out my phone seeing I had a text message.

I'm so sorry for missing your call, the connection at my grandparents house is terrible
-Harlow😜

I texted her back to help reassure her that It was okay and I got it handled. I locked my phone and leaned back into the seat as my eyes started to get heavy.

____________________________________

Tell me what I'm you guys think about the chapter and how everyone's reaction to Jazlyn life events. Do you guys enjoy this story?

Comments and Votes appreciated

-BR££💜