As it was...

Word Count: 1558

The Razor Crest shook from the turbulence of entering Ithor's atmosphere, a sensation that the Mandalorian had gotten used to long ago. Bounty hunting would often lead Mando to planets within the Outer Rim, but Ithor was not one of them. He had been here before, however, many months ago, before his duties required him to take his leave. It wasn't leaving the planet that had been difficult for the Mandalorian. Rather, it was what he had to leave behind on Ithor that caused a tightness in his chest. That same tightness did not lessen as he flew the Razor Crest over the trees towards a marked location within his ship's database. Without being there to protect them, how would he know if they were truly safe?

there is a roadway,

muddy and foxgloved.

whenever I'd have life enough,

my heart is screaming of.

With a hiss the latches released on the ramp that would lead him to the earth of the planet. A small hut was in sight, not far from the meadow where he had landed. There were no lights on despite the darkness of the nighttime sky nor smoke of a cooking fire. The tightness grew.

and in a few days I will be there, love.

whatever here that's left of me

is yours just as it was.

The Mandalorian walked around the small building once to see if there were any signs of intruders. It was too quiet at this little home. A clothesline was set up a few feet from a small pit where blackened firewood had crumbled among the ashes.

just as it was, baby,

before the otherness came

Where was she? Where was the child? Surely they would have heard the ship land. The Mandalorian now stood at the front door, his gloved hand resting on the latch that would open it.