Chapter 7: Questions

Shadow sat on his comfy couch, jumping from channel to channel on his large flat screen. He was bored out of his mind and didn't feel like falling asleep. He yawned and stretched, sitting up, scratching the skin overlapping his rib cage.

A noise made Shadow's ear prick. It was the sound of his telephone ringing on the other side of the room.

He groaned and got up, not wanting to move away from his comfortable spot.

He strongly gripped on the telephone and answered, "Hello?"

"Shadow. Did you ask Amy yet?" Said a female's voice.

"Rouge, I told you, I don't feel comfortable about that." Shadow averted his eyes from the telephone. "And didn't you say you were about to go to bed?"

"Shadow, do you really think I could rely on you for something without you not doing it." Rouge implied.

Shadow was speechless and averted his eyes again.

"You really don't have any faith in me?" Shadow whimpered, sarcastically.

"No. Because of the fact that you just answered the phone, you probably haven't contacted Amy yet."

"You never know." Said Shadow, queerly.

"So you did?" Rouge said, enthusiastically.

Shadow paused. "No..?" Said Shadow, slowly.

Rouge sighed. "It"s either Amy or the G.U.N soldiers." Rouge was silent for a few seconds. "You still have a grudge with those G.U.N soldiers, don't you?"

Shadow nodded and said "Mhm."

Rouge sighed for the second time. "Look I understand. But, sometimes things like this is necessary and-"

Shadow hung up the telephone, making a large slam that echos through the room. He starts to put on his jacket and skinny jeans, scrambling through the room. He even grabbed his wallet-just in case.

He sighed and picked up the keys to his motorcycle. He looks at them for a moment, in the palm of his hands. He swings the keys around from the hole in the center with his finger.

He heads towards his front door and looks behind him, back to his living room. He turns back to the front door and walks out of the house.

I usually just teleport my way there, Shadow thought to himself. He looks toward his motorcycle and smiles. He hops on and turns the keys to activate it. The motorcycle fumbles and vibration runs through Shadow's body. He smirks and gets a good grip on the handle. But I feel like taking a little stroll instead.

Shadow's house was a few minutes away from Amy's. He lived in a modern house, near the city, where most humans lived. While Amy lived near the Mobian capital, where most forests are. A ride there wouldn't be a problem.

Shadow started riding out of his garage and exiting the driveway, turning to the direction he wants to go.

Shadow parked in the Mobian capital, where the neighborhoods were. Amy's house is near the forest, so he's going to have to do some walking. It was night, so the capital there was almost vacant but still lively. He walked through the shining street, with shops everywhere. The shops were, surprisingly, still open.

This place is different from Shadow's home. He lives near more humans and rarely gets to see Mobians. He works more with humans and earns human currency. When you're here, you can convert dollars into rings, Mobian currency.

The dark hedgehog walked further and further through the capital until the trees of the forest were in sight.

Shadow walked up the trail to Amy's house, the small pebbles crunching under his feet. Once he reached the door, he knocked once, twice, three times. No answer. He knocked again but in a rhythmic pattern. No answer again. He moved the doorknob a little and... It's unlocked.