Chapter 2: rich opportunities

I look up to see hundreds of faces staring back at me . Here we go again and I was a fool to think that this year would be different, but here I am on my first day as a senior caught up in yet another scandal . I walk up to the middle of the steps just infront of the door so everyone would be able to hear me. Because I'm quite popular here and hate stupid , petty rumors I must address them head on to show I'm not afraid of anything, so that's exactly what I do. 'Attention, attention fellow students , I know you have probably all seen secrets latest post about me and I just want to say that I did not get any plastic surgery over the break and I did not hook up with a random stranger, if you are dumb enough to believe these rumors, I suggest you go elsewhere , I own this school and trust me if you don't like me I'll make your life a living hell. Thanks you may go back to your lives , or whatever', I say rolling my eyes and getting my bag as I turn around I see the headmistress, Mrs . Berkeley , she points her fingers signaling for me to follow her . I once again roll my eyes and walk behind her .

I have been called to the principals office many times before , whoever runs secret must hate me because there's always rumors about me on it , last year there was one that my shoes  actually have weapons hidden inside of them and I will attack any person who dares to step on my foot by accident, no one stood beside me for months because of it . That just shows you how outrageous secret really is .

As she opened the door and I followed I could see a familiar face sitting down in one of the chairs , Lucy . She sat there with her straight, black hair with a maroon and white clip clipping back a piece of her hair . She wore the same outfit as me , only she had a handkerchief in the pocket of her blazer and had a black belt around her waist . She wore the exact same socks and had black pumps on with a little maroon bow at the top . 'Sit down ms Rivers', said Mrs Berkeley . I sat down beside Lucy who look at me so nastily that if looks could kill I'd be dead this instant . I smiled at her before looking back at Mrs Berkeley, as Selena Gomez says, kill em with kindness . I only know that because of Dawn she's always blaring Selena Gomez music , I personally prefer the likes of Harry styles but Selena is good too . 'So .. May I ask why we are here?', asks Lucy . 'Well , Ms Labelle , as you are aware you and Ms Rivers are both the best in your class , this year instead of one head of the students I decided to have two , you two . Although I notice you aren't the best of friends hopefully this will bring you closer together'. I was horrified , I had worked my ass off for this position and have to share it with someone else , and not just someone else my enemy ? Ugh . I could see Lucy was thinking the same thing . 'You don't have to accept right away , you have until tomorrow morning to decide , come to my office 15 minutes before school starts . Now you may go , assembly takes place in 5 minutes', said Mrs Berkeley .