I'm So Sorry

"When was the last time you saw him?" Obi-Wan asked. Azaylia and Obi-Wan were in Padmé's apartment. Obi-Wan and Padmé were standing while Azaylia was seated on a nearby couch.

Azaylia went over everything that happened in the last few hours in her mind. Her and Obi-Wan got shot off a cliff by the Clones who were supposed to be on their side, found out that all the Jedi had be terminated, found out that Anakin, the Jedi who seemed fine the last time they had spoken to one another, turned to the Dark Side and murdered everyone in the Temple...including her Padawan. Her chests ache in mourning. Soreé didn't deserve to die the way she did...

Now, they were telling Padmé the worst news she could possibly receive...her husband is a mass murderer and became a Sith Lord.

"Yesterday..." Padmé paced. Azaylia came back to reality. She didn't want to because reality was crashing down, like a hit ship...but she had to.
"And do you know where he is now?" Obi-Wan follows her.
"No." She replies.
"Padmé I need your help! He is in grave danger." Obi-Wan states.
"From the Sith?" She asks.
"From himself." Azaylia pipes up from the couch. She stands up and walks beside her.
Grabbing her hand gently, Azaylia tells her the terrible truth, "Padmé. Anakin has turned to the Dark Side."
"You're wrong!" Padmé snatches her hand back. "How could you even say that?" Azaylia glances at Obi-Wan. He nods slightly.
"Obi-Wan and I....we-we've seen a security hologram of him..." She swallows the vomit creeping up her throat. "Killing younglings." Azaylia whispers, looking down.
"Not Anakin! He couldn't..." Padmé's voice cracks.
"He was deceived by a lie. We all were." Obi-Wan says from behind the two women. "It appears that the Chancellor was behind everything including the war." He continues "Palpatine is the Sith Lord we've been looking for." He walks up beside Azaylia. "After the death of Count Dooku, Anakin became his new apprentice."

Padmé blinks in disbelief and has to sit down.
"I don't believe you! I can't." She drops her head.
"Padmé I know this is hard to believe, I thought it was a lie too. But...you have to trust me...it's-it's all true." Azaylia chokes back tears. "Padmé we must find him."
"You're going to kill him...aren't you?" She asks.

That's when Azaylia breaks, letting tears pour down her cheeks.
"I don't want to...but we...have to. He's become a very great threat."She states in between sobs.
"I can't..." Padmé shakes her head. Azaylia wipes harshly at her tears with the sleeve of her cloak. 

Obi-Wan wanted desperately to hug the sobbing female Jedi but he restrains, but not without any effor. He walks over to the window.
"Anakin is the father isn't he?" He looks at Padmé. She looks at Obi-Wan and then at Azaylia. Her face was written with the words, "did you tell him?" Azaylia shakes her head a tiny bit. Padmé's head drops down. Tears are glistening in her eyes.
"I'm so sorry." Obi-Wan sighs.

It's funny how "sorry" doesn't help when you're in so much pain, you can barely breath.
>>>

Obi-Wan and Azaylia were hiding in a storage closet in Padmé's ship. She didn't like sneaking around especially when it was Padmé, who trusted Azaylia with her life. Azaylia sits with her hands clasped together. Occasionally she would stroke her stomach. Azaylia realized she didn't really have to hide it the fact she was pregnant anymore...since the Jedi Order has fallen and everyone she was close to knew she was pregnant...except maybe Anakin...but Azaylia was sure Padmé had told him at some point.

Her stomach had gotten very large. She could be due any day now...but she didn't want to bring her bundle of joy into the galaxy when it's like this.

Azaylia thinks the day in her head over and over again...she feels the threat of tears but she refrains. Padmé will find the stowaways if she cries.

Obi-Wan was looking at Azaylia with a permanent frown on his face. He had never seen her so heartbroken. He wanted to take her away from the pain, but the nightmare was far from over. The eerie feeling loomed over them. They had to kill Anakin. Their brother.