Caught up

Geesy
The whole night I was stealing looks at her. I wasn't interested in any of the girls who constantly touched and grabbed at me. Yet she still couldn't stand me. But then again I'd be mad as fuck at me too after what I did. Now here she was sitting across from me, all I could do make jokes and shit.

"Valentine?" She held her head as I moved closer. By now she would of been pushing me away. This time she ain't do it.

" I- I don't feel good. Something— my drink." She slurred.

I picked up her drink and smelled it. Somebody slipped some ecstasy in her drink, everybody knows it'll fuck you up with the liquor. Shit. I couldn't just leave her to go get her boys. Jose was in the back VIP room, I had to react quick.  I picked her up after getting my boy to grab her things and carried her out the back. I told another to tell her crew to get Jose.

"My head hurts." She mumbled. I held her up and pulled the car door open.

"I know I know. But listen mama. I need you to stay awake for me. Don't go to sleep." Good thing I had a driver tonight. He looked at me and then at her as I sat in the back with her.

"Take us back to the hotel." I tried to keep my voice from cracking and shit.

Her boys came up to the car asking questions. Jojo was behind them with Jkayla in tow.

"What's wrong with her? What happened?"

"Someone put something in her drink."

He paced back and forth. Then looked at the gang. "You find who the fuck did this. Don't leave this fucking club until you see everyone who talked to Val tonight." They nodded. He sighed. "I want them alive."

"I'll take care of her. Just come to the hotel later."

"I'll call you." 

I waved the driver on. I saw her eyes getting heavy. She tossed and turned back between me and the front seats. I'd never seen Valentine so vulnerable, not even back in the city.

"A- Am I going to die?"She whispered. Her breathing all shallow. I held on to her some more.

"No mamas. Just stay up with me. Come on. We can talk. Talk to me."

"Geesy. I've been meaning to tell you. I don't hate you."

"I know you don't." I answered and she held my hand.

Valentine was always tough. Nothing ever hurt her. Whoever did this shit was gonna pay. Her phone started to ring as we pulled into the hotel parking lot.

Heavy breathing was all I could hear on the other side of the phone. "Who the fuck is this?" They hung up. It didn't take us long to get her upstairs to my suite. I let one of the other girls help her with the dress she had on and tried my best not to look.

"What did you fucking do to her pendejo?!" Niomi yelled at me and pushed me to the side with her medical bag. She was a nurse so when we couldn't take one of the boys to the hospital, she's the one we go to. Valentine looked weak and kept mumbling shit that we didn't understand. "I didn't do anything to her ugly!" I yelled back. Somehow we still fought like kids even in serious situations. "Someone put something in her drink." Niomi rolled her eyes and examined Valentine and checked her pupils.

"This will stabilize her breathing so she can rest. Her vitals will be back to normal soon." She gave me a little cup with two pills in it. "Let those dissolve in her drink and sit with her. Do not leave this spot." I sat down next to her and held her head so she could drink the juice or whatever it was.

Well looks like it's just me and you again Valentine.

Joseph
I couldn't help but pace the floor continuously. We'd got word from Niomi that Valentine just needed some rest but I still wanted whoever did this. Kay sat near me, I didn't want her to see me like this but what choice did I fucking have. My phone started ringing again, it was Papa.

"What's going on?" He demanded. Word travels fast. I was hoping papa wouldn't call. I couldn't handle him or the disappointment that would fall on me if I didn't figure out what happened. "Someone put something in her drink and I'm gonna figure it out." I answered without my voice cracking.

"Espero que puedas manejar a este hijo." He hung up. I sighed and sat down. Jkayla looked at me and rested her hand on my thigh.

"She's going to be okay. She's strong. Just like you."

"I'm not always strong. That's her."

I squeezed her hand and smiled. Looking at her almost made this shit better. I knew I'd never be able to prove to my father how great I was and how I could be leader if I couldn't even protect my little sister.

"I know you don't think you can do this." She rubbed my arm. "But you're an amazing leader Joseph. Your father couldn't run this shit without you."

I turned to her and kissed her. She'd be my peace. Even when we were caught up in this shit.