Chapter 3

Y/n's Pov

The eye moved then the raptor moved its head in between the containers trying to bite us making me and Mrs. Kirby jump back and screamed. We both took off running. We ran and tried to find somewhere. The boys went on their way and Mrs. Kirby and I ran the other and shut the door. But the raptor was too strong pushing me and Mrs. Kirby into the other side of the cage getting us squished together. The boys tried to make noise but the raptor didn't pay any attention. Instead, it looked up as if it had an idea. It then started to climb.

"Push!" I yelled and we pushed the door until the raptor was on the other side. I put the lock into the gate. I backed up and Billy grabbed me and ran. As we ran it started to call for help. We ran through a field with a bunch of herbivores. I was running in the back with Dr. Grant. I have seen Billy's bag and picked it up.

"Head for the trees!" Dr. Grant yelled. He grabbed my arm and started to pull me along. Dr. Grant and I hid in the tall weeds and watched the raptors. I leaned against the tree taking a breath as Dr. Grant looked over it. He sat down. And then something made a sound. We both looked up to see a raptor.

Dr. Grant put his hand in front of me. Then another raptor came up along with two other raptors surrounding us. There were four in total. Dr. Grant and I were back to back. Then someone threw a couple of smoke bombs in between the raptors and us. The raptors ran away and someone grabbed my hand and Dr. Grant's arm and pulled us away from the smoke. After we got out of the smoke I realized it was Eric. He leads us to a bunker of some sort where I guess he is staying for eight weeks.

"Thank you, Eric." Dr. Grant said after we were inside. Eric looked at him.

"You know who I am?" Eric asked looking between us.

"Yeah, your parents are here, They're looking for you," I said, as Dr. Grant kept coughing.

"Together?" Eric looked shocked.

"Together." Dr. Grant said taking his bag off.

"That's not good. They don't do so well together." Eric said looking down. I felt bad. I kinda zoned out as they talked. After a while, we were eating and talking about books and dinosaurs.

"Dr. Grant... Do you think Billy's okay?" I asked. Most of this time all I have my mind on is Billy. And it's worrying me to death.

"Just hope he is, y/n." Dr. Grant said. I nodded and sighed. Eric looked at me and smiled. He came over to me. Dr. Grant started to eat the crunch bar that Eric gave him.

"Your brothers going to be okay. You just have to hope and believe." Eric said. I smiled and hugged him. He hugged me back and held me for a little bit. When we pulled away I said thank you to him.

*Next Day*

I woke up feeling an arm wrapped around my waist. I turned over and seen it was Eric. Dr. Grant was already awake and smiled at me. I lightly pushed Eric to wake him up. He opened his eyes and instantly woke up moving his arm. His face turned into a bright red color. We packed all the things we needed for the journey back. We all exited the bunker and shut the door. We started walking I was in between Dr. Grant and Eric. I looked at Eric to see him looking around and making sure nothing was coming. We were looking over a cliff.

"There's a boat. right along the bank. It's in good shape. We started to walk again. I walked behind Dr. Grant and Eric who were talking about the raptor claw Eric had. Then they stopped. I heard ringing.

"Listen! That's my dad's satellite phone." Eric said, before taking off. Dr. Grant ran after him and I ran after them. As I was running I remembered Mr. Kirby didn't have it on him last time. We came out of the forest into a field. A long electric fence was going through the middle. Then I have seen Mr. and Mrs. Kirby and Billy. I started to run faster.

"BILLY!" I screamed running past Dr. Grant. I and Eric were running toward the fence. We got to the fence and I hugged Billy through the fence. Mr. Kirby asked how he knew they were here.

"The phone, that stupid jingle I heard it." Eric said, "My phone." Mr. Kirby looked around his pockets. "Where is it?" Billy said, "I don't know. I don't have it with me." Mr. Kirby said then Mrs. Kirby then said "Where'd you last have it." Mr. Kirby said he didn't remember then he remembered. "The plane. I got a call on the plane, put it in my coat pocket, and... "What?...WHAT?!" Mrs. Kirby said "I loaned it to Nash. He must have had it when..." Mr. Kirby was cut off by the ringing from the phone. I, Eric, and Dr. Grant turned around and saw the dinosaur from the plane crash.

"Run," Dr. Grant said as we ran down the fence and found a hole in the gate we went through it. We all stopped and hugged each other then the dinosaur broke through the fence and we all ran to some building. After we locked the door down. The Kirby's hugged and the rest walked to the window.

"Alan, do you mind giving me my bag?" Billy asked but Dr. Grant didn't want to but then Billy said in a very tough tone in his voice "Please give me the bag. It's not safe." I took the bag from Dr. Grant slightly and looked inside it. My eyes widened seeing the raptor eggs. Dr. Grant took it back and was about to drop the bag out the window but stopped. He put the bag in his bag. I shook my head at Billy and walked away from him and followed Dr. Grant down the stairs.