New city, new friend

July 28th 2016
finally I'm ready to join my dream college .

My parents are upset that I'll i have to stay in hostel but I'm happy that I'll live by my own. I'm going to enjoy it and make it most fun time of my life.

Hi I'm Aarohi, 17 year old
1st year BDS, GD dental college, mumbai
Today is my first day in my college hostel. Yes I'm going to stay in hostel and that's the best part about college life.

I entered my hostel room and it is quite spacious than what i usually heard about hostel rooms. It has a big window and I can see my college building clearly. Wow! I am going to stay here for 5 years, it will be like my second home.
It has 2 single beds.I put my luggage on one of the bed and look around the room.
I can see many scribblings like some diagrams and some mnemonics and some cartoon drawings. Seriously our seniors have left their mark even in the hostel, can't wait to enter college now.There is a small cupboard. I'll put my clothings in here.
A girl entered my room and I know who she is, my roommate. She has same height as me 5'4 , fair in complexion and has really nice facial features. In all I can say that she is very pretty.
"Hi im Riddhima your roommate.you can call me Ridz."
"Hi Riddhima. I'm Aarohi 1st year"
"we will be classmates then, I'm in first year too
I joined hostel just 2 days back"
"ohh thats really nice, really nice to meet you"
I unpack my clothings and changed into a comfortable short kurti and leggings.
Riddhima is very friendly, talkative and extrovert.In just 2 days she has made many friends, which are going to be our classmates.Our lectures are starting from tomorrow, so most of the hostelites have already joined the hostel.
Ridz is from mumbai only and her home is not that far from here but she wanted to live in hostel so her parents allowed her.

"you know what freshers is going to be totally fun thats what all are saying"Ridz said while I'm  arranging my clothes in cupboard.
"really I can't wait for all this"
"yes it's going to be fun but with lots of studies"
"yes of course, we will do that but we will not miss fun for sure"
This is my first meeting with Ridz, I can't tell her that in my school years I never really had any fun, the only thing I did was study. I have always been the topper of my batch and my parents wanted me to top in every exam.
but now that I'm away from my parents pressure I'm going to have all the fun that I miss in my school days.
"what about mess? I heard that hostel food is never good" I asked curiously.
"I don't think we will ever like mess food. we are going to miss our mummy ke hath ka khana."
"I don't know how will I survive then" 'afterall of all the things I like eating is the one at very top" I thought.
"don't worry we will have dinner outside some days, just some days."
We talked for hours and when we noticed the time, it's 8pm already, time for dinner at mess.
We rushed there because if you are late you'll neither get sweet dish nor panner in matar paneer, that's what Ridz told me.
After finishing our dinner we came to hostel room.
"I could not eat much, it will take many weeks for me to get adjust to this food" I said.
"yehh it was not bad but not tasty either."
"can't we go out at night?"
"not after 10 and you have to get back in the hostel before 10"
"ohh ohk"
"so let's have ice cream today"
"you have it here?" I asked without even giving it a second thought
she laughed a little at my silly question.
"No ..how will I have it here, let's go out. There is icecream parlour"
"now?"
"yeh why not, its just 9pm now and we will be back before 10.. what say?"
"ok but how far it is?"
"Don't worry.. we will go on my scooty"
"you have your scooty here?"
"yes I got it when I moved here"
"that's great"
"so let's go"
Ridz took her scooty keys and I went to have my very first night ride in this new city with my new friend.