Ch#31 The moment when Dumb potatoes get wet

I probably should have thought twice before taking on a fight with someone that has at least 40lbs on me but oh well my mama raised no quiter, time to think is over and it's time for AAAA WATER FIGHT!!!
"You little." Dawood shouted and kicked harder which obviously drenched already drenched me. But who cares!? I'm already drenched!

Dawood soon started chasing me and me being me and obviously the water I slipped. Remind me to wear different or no slippers next time. Will you?
"You look good down there." Dawood said laughing looming over me.
Do you know how bad IT HURTS WHEN YOU FALL IN THE WATER/RAIN AND ON CONCRETE!
NO? well, I'll tell you. Hella lot!

"Stop laughing!! I think I broke my back!!" I screamed as I moaned in agony!
He found back his composure, "need some help?" He said bringing out his hand to help.
"No, thank you. Can you go get belle or someone?" I asked.
"I'm not allowed inside. Remember? Your rules. So it looks like this amazingly manly hand is all you get." He said wiggling his eyebrows.

"I'd rather drown." I replied back with a sickly sweet smile.
"Oh well, your choice." He said and made himself comfortable sitting down leaving a little distance between us.
"Oh maaannnn. It feels soo good to be able to move and strech and not have your back hurt." He said stretching himself out. That stupid idiot was enjoying himself at my expense.
I shot him a glare which was most probably enough to have a sane person run for the hills. But he obviously wasn't sane. I'm sure we've gathered that already.
"Pagal Ghaday. Aik din esa giro gay kay tarsatay raho gay." I screeched angrily shooting him another glare.
(Mad Donkey, one day you'll fall so hard that you'll yearn for someone to help.)

And he just winked as if he was a gift from God.
"So, since we're stuck here. All alone, with no way for you to run away." He said suggestively with a husk to his sound.
"How about ........ you tell me that why were you stalking me." He ended.
"I said it before, and I'm going to say it again. I WAS NOT STALKING YOU." I shouted.

"Who's stalking who!?!" Belle's voice came as she stepped under the spray of water.
"Uugh finally!! Help me up with you?" I requested Belle.
"Why did you sit down then!?" She asked.
"I didn't!!! I fell!? Now, if you're done with the QnA, can you help me up!?" I demanded. Sorry man, but it really does hurt.
"You promised me fun in the rain!" She screeched, lending me a hand.
"And we will, let me at least get up and for my back to stop hurting, please?" I requested.
"Just because you said please!" She helped me up just when phoppo starting calling out to get some hot hot pakoras!

Oooh maaannn Aloo kay pakoray and imili ki chatniiiii, oohooo soch kr hi maza agaya.
(Potato fritters and Tamarind sauce, just thinking about it feels like heaven)

Just as Belle helped me through the threshold with Dawood following closely behind whistling the power went out! If you've been a frequent occupant/visitor in Karachi you'd know that's not really out of the norm, especially when it's raining. Buttttt when you're a dumb potato that likes to tag along without invitation, you may or may not like the power going out and it being too dark so see anything and crash into a sofa. Accidentally, of course. Not because I pushed the sofa a little to the left.

"Ah shit. I can't see." He groaned after being attacked by the sofa.
"Good deduction, detective Dawood." I said sarcastically.
"Don't you guys have back up or something?" He asked groaning still. That sofa may or may not have a hurt a little more than we imagined. So does my back, might I remind you. Also, I really need to sit.

"We do infact have backup, buuutttt I need to dry up and get it started. So little poppet you'll have to wait." I replied as I flopped onto the sofa.
"Zeenith beta! Light chali gai. Generator to chala doo!!" Phoppo finally called from what I'm guessing was the kitchen.
(Zeenith child, The electricity has gone out. Turn on the generator.)

"Where's bloody phone, anyways." Belle asked Dawood.
"I don't know. Where's yours?" He snapped. The sofa clearly hurt too much.
"Oh here." She says and smoothly pulls hers out of her pocket turning on the flash. And the look on Dawood face. Oh don't make me tell you. Really, don't. I won't be able to explain it without laughing.

After a few minutes of resting and completly forgetting that I sat on the sofa all well. So did everyone else. (Let's just hope phoppo doesn't notice. Shall we?)
I got changed and dried in light speed under the candle light. Grabbed the torch amd went on the misson. The mission being getting the stupid generator to start.

"Beta tyar ho gai to chalain? Wesay hi bohat rush hota hai wahan par. Khana khanay kah liay table ka intezar krna parta hai jesay pata nahi table nahi Shahi takht hi." Phoppo called out a couple of hours later when we were about to leave for dinner.
(Child shall we go if you're ready? It's always too crowded. You'll have to wait for a table as if it's the royal throne.)

I replied a quick yes, collected The dumb potato from his room and went outside to the car.
After a long long long, yes man it was long and obviously had to be careful because the roads were still a little unclear. A little obviously was an understatement. But sshh! And it may or may not have started raining again but baba being baba dutifully fulfilled his promise.

We stepped out of the car with the rain pouring on our faces, the waiters quickly rushing towards us with umbrellas and DAWOOD THE CHIVALROUS GENTLEMAN HE IS TOOK THE UMBRELLA FROM HIM FOR US TO SHARE

"You know, if you wanted to have a dinner in a romantic setting with me, we could have ditched your baba and phoppo and came here." He whispered in my ear.
And if you can managed to notice that I was angry at him taking the umbrella. I was angrier at this.
I quietly sent him a glare because baba was within our earshot and I didn't want to take back a corpse tomorrow.

We were nicely seated without wait (curtesy of the weather) and handed out menus Dawood obviously coincendly got a place next to me, yay me! Not.
"Aye haye!! 700 rupay kay 6 wings?! Taubaa 200 rupay ki pani ki botal. Is mai to 3 a jain gi. Shai shauq hai beta tumharay. Tauba tauba inti mehngai." Phoppo read out the menu for us.
(Oh my. 6 wings for Rs. 700! God forbid. A water bottle for Rs. 200? You can get 3 at this price. Your hobby/fondness are amazing (sarcastically of course) God fobid. Evening's so expensive.)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Salam everyone! Hope everyone's safe and okay. I really hope all the Karachites stayed safe in the Karachi rain last week.
Ooh maaan, I'm going to miss phoppo!
Enough for now! Will try to update sooner now! *fingers crossed*

~M