Chapter 1

The Columbus Blue Jackets made it into the Stanley Cup Playoffs. It was a big game at home against the Penguins to start off the series and because you are an ice girl you get to the arena extra early to get ready and wish the boys good luck when you see them.
*****
You pull in the parking lot at Nationwide Arena and you notice Nick Foligno sitting in his car with his head on his steering wheel, and because you have known Nick for a while now you thought it would be okay to check up on him.

"Is everything alright Nick?" you ask, as he jumps and looks at you with red puffy eyes.

"Oh my gosh Nick what's wrong?" you hope he tells you because it's a big game and he can't be upset.

"It's nothing, really, well, actually, it is something, Janelle left with the kids because she says I don't have enough time for a family, and I try, I really do, but it's hard when I'm always traveling" You weren't expecting that, or for Nick to open up that much to you.

You climb in the passenger seat to give him sympathy, but he doesn't seem to want it.

"Nick I'm so sorry to hear this, if you need anything at all just let me know" you get out of Nick's car walking toward the arena and look back to see if Nick has gotten out of his car yet, but he's just sitting there with his door open. You finally hear his door shut so you look back and smile at him, hoping to cheer him up a little.

You hear him picking up speed, then he taps on your shoulder.

"(Y/N), sorry I wasn't trying to give you the cold shoulder, I'm just really not understanding how it all happened." you smiled at him and assure him that you understand.

"Nick if you need anything at all I'm here for you, now go play your heart out this is a big game for you." he smiles at you and runs into the arena.