For The Very Last Time

Grace POV

Lacy and I were in town to try and gather supplies. We just needed enough to get us through the week and then we were leaving. I was waiting to hear back about a job back in our hometown. I was at the post office when I had gotten a letter. I asked them to look to see if Lacy had gotten anything either. We had a few different pieces of mail because Noah and Gabe had been trying to find jobs too. "Thank you. Have a good day." I walked out the door and Lacy was waiting on me. "Any luck on your end?" "Not much of anything. Not one piece of meat. Just beans, pasta, and a few canned things. The grocery store is closing tomorrow and didn't want to get a new order just before closing." "Then I'm sure that the post will close soon as well. I also got word on our rental home. We were mailed the closing papers and I have them in my bag. The new owner will take passion in the next month." She nodded her head. "I can't believe that was the first house that I bought for myself when I moved here. Who knew what adventure I was going to go on?" I laughed at her. "You and me both. Did you ever think that we wouldn't meet our husbands in the Alaskan Bush?" "No, I didn't." I wrapped my arm in her arm as we walked back to the dock. The town was almost deserted as we walked through it. "Did you ever think that Hoonah would look like this?" "No, it's crazy to think the only home our children have ever known was the bush. I love the bush, but I miss my family." "I miss mine too. Now our family is all over the world." We started walking down the ramp to the dock and it was empty except for our boat. Gabe and Noah were going to see a man about buying the land. He was going to use as hunting grounds and one of the houses were staying. We left Stefan and Henry in charge while we were gone. We left them to finish by getting small things done outside. They were putting dirt back into the cellar that we created years ago. We had an outside freezer that the man was purchasing from us. We got into the boat and just waited.

Noah POV

Gabe and I were walking back to the dock with an envelope of cash. "I can't believe that we just sold our land, the big house, and some furniture to this man. I never thought we would have to sell Browntown." "I didn't know either man." "We will have to send some of the money to everyone." I nodded my head. We started walking down the ramp and then I saw Lacy. She was the most beautiful I've ever seen. "Did the grocery store have anything?" "Barely." "Everything is closing down." I stepped in first and then Gabe. I walked to the wheel as it was my turn to drive. Lacy sat down next to me. "Were you able to sell the land?" "Yes, and the main house." She nodded her head. "Are you okay?" "Of course, I am." "You are leaving the place that your family dreamed about. Your parents are buried there. Ana is buried there." "I got a letter from Bear that he was going to have her body transferred to Denver. He bought her a plot and tombstone." "Are we wanting to do that with your parents?" "No, that's where they always wanted to be, and I don't want to move them." She put her hand on his leg. "I love you." "I love you." She leaned over to kiss me.

Gabe POV

Grace and I were sitting in the back and enjoying the ride. She had her head on my chest. I then reached over to pull her legs over mine and she laughed. We just enjoyed each other's company the entire ride there. Clouds were starting to move in, but we should be home before the rain. We started going slower and I knew we were close. I helped Noah park as the girls grabbed the bags. I stepped out first to help Grace out. I extended my hand to Lacy and helped her out. Noah was doing the last of the tying off. "I'll catch up." "I'll stay with him." I turned to Lacy. I took the bags out of her hand. Grace and I walked towards Browntown. The house that was Christine's was gone. We walked through the trees and down the path. Snowbird, Rainy, Bear, Matt, Bam, and Emmett's houses were gone. The last buildings standing was the main house, medical cabin, Noah's cabin, and our cabin. Grace had sold all of her medical supplies to help us move. She had just enough in one bag. Noah had sold some of his inventions, but his lab was almost empty. It was looking entirely different. The man was coming out tomorrow to see the house. I could see Henry and Stefan working across the yard. Rose and Valerie were trying to finish some packing inside. Grace made her way into the main house as I walked past her to check on the boys. "How is coming boys." "We are almost finished." "Any problems while we were gone?" "No sir." I picked a shoveled and helped the boys. I saw Lacy and Noah walking to their cabin when I heard a scream coming from the back of the main house. Noah grabbed Lacy and ran for his cabin. Stefan and Henry had their guns leaning against the house.