25

It's friendship and love that gives one's life a sense of foolness. Not contentment buy fullness. It's what fills a person with warmth. Pushes them past that initial feeling of 'freaking out' that we get when something happens that shocks us.

As Sin and Kyle stood in the far corner of the waiting room holding onto each other. Boring the fragments of strength from each other to fill in the missing pieces of their own. They looked at their friends. Most of them sitting in the grey uncomfortable chairs.

It had been an hour since their date was interrupted by the phone call from Dean. But even though they were much calmer now, there was a sense of dread still sitting in everyone of the group.

Kelly and Brian were sitting next to each other. Their joined hands resting on Kelly's Jean clad thigh. Brant and Vanessa were sitting on the floor against the wall. This was a hospital you could practically eat off the floors.

Mel was sitting on Dean's lap her arms protectively around his kneck and his around her waist. Lisa was sitting next to Pete her head on his shoulder and there fingers laced.

Mark, Kevin and Ricky were in the remaining chairs. Ricky on his phone playing a game that seemed to give him more anxiety. Kevin had ear phones in his ears, his eyes were closed and he was slouched in the chair his head resting on the top of it. Mark was in a similar position except his eyes were open anbhr was staring at the ceiling.

Tony was missing. All the two could see was that he wasn't there and it didn't feel right. It didn't seem right. It wasn't right.

Kyle was proud of Sin. She had managed to see something he hadn't seen. By calling Lisa, Mel and Kelly, his friends didn't look so alone. So isolated. With out the girls there, they would have all looked around and felt abandoned. He was so proud of the woman he wanted by his side.

"You want to go for a short walk? I need a bit of air." Kyle said softly.

Sin lifted her head off his chest, "Alright." She pulled away from him and they joined hands.

Passing Mel and Dean Kyle said quietly, "Getting some air." Dean nodded in understanding.

After the initial rush of when they came in, the walk out was different all together. The hospital looked too clean. Too bare. It sounded too quiet and felt too solemn.

The landscaping outside was different. It was peaceful but it didn't feel like a funeral. Kyle was grateful for that. They walked around the patch of grass on the side walk in silence.

The thoughts going through their heads were jumbled. Coming outside had brought the sudden realisation that they had planned to be on a date at that moment. They hadn't planned for this or expected it. They weren't supposed to be there. It wasn't the point of the night.

Almost directly infront of the door on the other side of the patch of grass was a bench, with a huge tree shading it. It was a bound to be cold in the winter but beautiful in the summer. Either a direct opposite of the person sitting under it, or the perfect expression.

They approached the tree and Kyle brought them to a stop.

"You okay?" Sin turned to him.

"Yeah." He drew her into his arms and stared at her beautiful face.

The wind blew and he reached to push her hair behind her ear. So many thoughts were going through his head, but Sin's had paused to hear whatever he wanted to say.

"We were supposed to be on our first date." Kyle said softly watching his hand as he smoothed her hair.

"Life doesn't always go as planned." Sin watched his face. "It's okay."

"For us it never works out as planned does it?" Kyle smiled slightly.

"What I you mean?" Sin tilted her head to the side. Her arms were resting on his shoulders comfortably.

"I mean tonight. High school. Kindergarten. Our friendship." He placed a light kiss on her forehead.

"It doesn't." She agreed. But didn't say anything more.

"We had planned to go to Jessa Lee's Birthday party together. But you got chicken pox." Kyle chuckled.

"So we spent it together in my dark bedroom instead." Sin smiled at the memory.

"We planned to be best friends for life." Kyle said quietly.

Sin closed her eyes. How couldn't he be thinking about that right now? She would do almost anything to get his mind off where they were for a bit. But she wished this wasn't what he chose.

Just as she was about to say something , Kyle continued.

"Instead we didn't speak for four years and saw each other again at birthday pizza before going out."

Sin chuckled.

"But I do hope that even if what we plan now doesn't work out exactly how we plan it. It works out nevertheless in what ever way."

Sin looked up at him and Kyle stared into her eyes with such wonder and conviction.

"We loved each other from the moment we met. We planned to keep that love for the rest of our lives. " He said slowly. "I haven't lost any of that love for you and I know you haven't lost it for me. No matter your reason for running from me."

Before Kyle couldn't go on she interjected, "I was jealous."

"What do you mean?" Kyle was confused.

"I ran because I was jealous. You asked me to introduce you to Megan like you had done many times before with other girls. But it just hit me differently." She explained.

Realising what she was saying Kyle smiled, "You saying you had a crush on me." He teased. For that very happy moment their minds were taken completely away from their current location.

"Stop teasing. I was being honest with you. " Sin chuckled and hit his chest. "It was a serious moment."

"Oh okay go on." Kyle grinned.

"No with you smiling like that. " She laughed. " It's ruined already.

Kyle laughed in delight and leaned forward to give his girl a fierce kiss. It turned slow and deep a moment later. He ended it sweet and meaningful.

"I will always have that love we shared, for you no matter what. But somewhere along the line, it caught me unaware that on top of that love I fell in love with you. "

"You did, did you." Sin grinned.

Kyle smiled, "And I plan to stay in love with you forever."

"It always works out for the best doesn't it." Sin smiled.

"You're supposed to say you love me to." Kyle teased.

"I didn't hear you say you loved me." She raised an eyebrow in challenge.

"I love you Sin." Kyle smiled down at his best friend. His sweetheart. His woman.

"I love you Kyle." She looked up into the eyes of the man that held her heart. Her blue eyed boy.

___________________________________________________________

And we come to the end of this book❣️
Please tell me what you think and where I can improve.

It will be edited soon.

Vote ❤️
Comment❤️
Share❤️
Follow❤️

Thank you for reading 😘