Wake Up Sleepin' Beauty

While I waited for Jackie (I started calling him that in my head) to wake up, I set to work. There was a lot to do, and not that much time to do it. I walked into my room (more like a craft room with a cot shoved in the corner to be honest) and sat at my desk. I left my door open so that I could still check on Jackie. After sketching out a few ideas, I started cutting and sewing fabric. Around three hours later I had almost completely finished the outfit. It's amazing how much work you can do when you hyperfixate on it, yeah?

Also, I thought, has he woke up yet? It's been a while. I looked out the doorway to the living room, to see an empty couch. Shit.

I quickly stood up and ran out of my room. Suddenly, I was grabbed from behind. A hand covered my mouth and a voice mumbled into my ear.

"Who the fuck... are ya?"

Shit Shit.

The hero turned me around, taking his hand off my face.

"Promise not to scream?" he asked. I nodded. "So? Who are you? And why am I shirtless?"

What the fuck do I say?

...

"I'm the person that found you snoozing in the dumpster out back. And the one that fixed you up."

...

Jackie blinked.

"The dumpster?"

"The dumpster."

"... huh."

I suddenly remembered what I was doing before Jackie woke up.

"Okay so. Your shirt was half burned and I had to cut it off of you to get to your wounds. So, since it's kind of my area of expertise, I made you a new one." I pointed toward the room that I was previously in. "And sometimes I get kind of carried away, sooo I kinda sorta made you a whole new outfit..."

At that point I could tell that he had stopped listening to my rambling. He looked into my room with wide eyes. In the very center, on a mannequin was a dark red hoodie. It was made to be both flexible and bulletproof (a tough feat), and also had several pockets. There was a pair of dark blue pants with the same properties, paired with red and blue combat boots.

"Why?" He asked, clearly amazed with my work.

"Well, I figured we could help each other." I said. "I have the skill to make your uniform, and the resources to repair it should if need be."

"What's in it for you?" Wow. Rude.

"Lets just say if any of your superhero buddies ever need a wardrobe change, you know where to point them. Of course, you won't tell them that you got this for free." I may love my job, but I still need to eat.

"Oh." he hesitated for a moment. "I think you've got a deal."