THREE┇HIS NUMBER

―(у/и)'ѕ ρσν

"I swear to All Might, I'm gonna kill that man!" My best friend, Akane, shouted as she stormed into my apartment at two-thirty in the morning. 

"Shhh, there's other people in this building too, y'know!" I tried to silence her rage. She wasn't exactly the type to let things go easily. When she got wind of my ex cheating on me and proceeding to breakup with me, she nearly exploded. 

Her eyes glowed a fiery orange color, a sign of her anger and of her quirk. "He spent three years with you and then he goes and does this?!" 

"It's okay, Akane, calm down..."

"I'm not gonna calm down until the brat gets what he deserves!"

"You're acting more angry and upset over this than I am, and he didn't even do anything to you..." I rubbed my temples.

"Yes he did! He hurt my best friend, and he's going to pay for it." A small flame ignited in her palm. 

"Please don't set my apartment on fire..."

"Give me his number. I just wanna have a nice little chat with him." She held her hand out to me, as if she wanted me to just put my phone in her hand so she can torture my ex verbally. 

"That won't be necessary. He already ended things. And you didn't even let me finish explaining what happened. Yeah, I'm mad he cheated. What he did wasn't right, but he confessed that he did it and told me things weren't working out and that he was truly sorry. We ended it peacefully. You don't need to kill him..." I explained. 

"Well if it was so peaceful and okay the why do you seem so upset about it?" Akane questioned with her hand on her hip. 

"Who wouldn't be sad after their boyfriend of three years breaks up with them after cheating?" I stated. 

"Oh...yeah, you're right I guess." She plopped onto my couch and put her feet up. "Wanna order takeout? Watch a movie?"

"It's 2:30 in the morning, nothing's open." I sat in one of the chairs at the small dining table near the living room area. I pulled the paper with Hawks' number on it from my pocket and smiled. 

"What's that?"

"What?" 

"The paper you're holding. You're smiling at it. It's weird." 

"Oh, this is just...someone's number."

"YOU ALREADY GOT A NEW MAN?! DAMN, YOU MOVE FAST!" Akane sprung up from the couch and ran over to me. "What's his name? Is he hot? How big is his-" 

"That's not it," I stopped her from questioning me further. "I didn't find a "new man", I met someone, er, someone special and they want to see me again so he gave me his number."

"You said 'he', so it is a new man!" 

"I already said, that's not it." I put the paper back in my pocket. "He's a friend, I guess." 

"What's his name? If he's sketchy in any way I'll beat-"

"I may or may not have gotten Hawks' number...?" I said while twirling my fingers anxiously. 

"You WHAT?!" Akane slammed her hands down on the table and her loud voice echoed through the apartment. "Hawks as in, Number Two Pro Hero Hawks?! Super hot, super popular Hawks?!" 

"Yes, the Pro Hero Hawks!" I clasped my hands together nearly squealed in excitement. 

"How in the world did you score his number?"  

"Well, I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk and he happened to bump into me. I fell down, he helped me up, them he wiped the tears and makeup off my face, I nearly passed out from shock, and then we talked for a while, and then you called me so I had to leave. Which, I'm mad at you for, by the way. I could've continued to talk to him, but nooooo, you insisted you had to come see me." I added the last part sarcastically.

"I WOULDN'T OF CALLED YOU IF I KNEW YOU WERE WITH HAWKS!!" She fangirl-squealed. "I can't believe you actually met him, and got his number?! You're living every fangirl's dream right now!" Akane grabbed my phone off the table and shoved it towards me. "C'mon, you gotta text him! Don't let this go to waste!" 

"It's 2:30, he's probably sleeping by now."

"He'll just see it in the morning!"

"How about I just wait and text him tomorrow when I wake up?" 

"Fine. But if he forgot about you and doesn't respond, it's not my fault-" 

"I doubt he'll forget about me." I thought back to his actions and words.

"Why?"

"He seemed really interested in my wings." I materialized my wings from my back. "Like, he was seriously amazed by them I think. He said they're beautiful..." 

"GIRL, HE SAID YOUR WINGS ARE BEAUTIFUL?! HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE AT THIS POINT?! I would've figured you' have died already from being starstruck!" 

"I don't know how I'm still alive. He even told me to calm down because his wings sensed how fast my heart was beating!" 

I told her more of what happened during my encounter with Hawks, and she kept squealing and telling me I need to text him as soon as I wake up. 

"If you want me to even get up in the morning, I should probably get to bed then." I got up from the table. "I take it you're staying the night?" 

"Might as well, seeing as it's already almost morning as it is."

The two of us went to my room and got ready for bed.

I couldn't wait to text Hawks in the morning. 

~~~

Meanwhile, back at Hawks' place, he was finally able to sleep. He was glad he had run into (Y/n) that night.  She seemed so kind and her wings were absolutely amazing. He hadn't seem many others with avian quirks like his, so he was overjoyed to have met someone with such a stunning pair. 

He couldn't tell whether it was the wings, looks, or her kind personality, or maybe even all, that reeled him in. The next morning he would wait anxiously to receive a text from her. He wanted to see her again. 

In the morning (more like afternoon since it was his day off, so he slept in), Hawks immediately checked his phone to see if he got a text from the winged girl.

Sure enough, on his lock screen was a notification with a message from an unknown number.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

        FROM: [Unknown Sender]

           Hey, this is (Y/n)!

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

━━🌹━━

;; hawks can step on me. 

author, out! *peace sign*