41. BREAK IN - ✭SETH✭

A/N:
Surpriiiise!

I have honestly missed writing from Seth's POV so much. For those of you who are unaware, Seth is a main character in my book A Light in the Darkness. It's book 2 of The Dark & Light Series.

I stand in the alleyway with Rhys looking from side to side to make sure no one has spotted us. It's doubtful considering we're dressed in all black from head to toe. Rhys and I could both fight, we trained for a living. Neither of us were familiar with the usage of guns or knives before though.

Mal had flown us into Vegas about two weeks ago and we'd soon gotten acquainted with a man named Wolf Carlo. He'd gone over the basics, teaching Rhys and me as much as he could. This guy was a professional with weaponry and had apparently taught Mal and Luke all they knew. Which, I'd had no idea of her background previously until she'd told me her story. I didn't even know her before coming to Vegas.

When my father had admitted the story about his best friend being his brother and our relationship to Malyssa, I couldn't help but want to help. It sounded like her life was pretty fucked up and one of my best friends was caught up with her. Denver fucking Riley; one of the craziest bastards I've ever met. Of course he'd end up with someone like Malyssa.

"Boys," I hear Wolf's voice in my ear piece, "get ready. She's leading her in. Code Black Mamba is in the works. One minute until ignition, do you hear me?"

"Copy." I reply. I can feel the sweat beading on my forehead.

Hopefully, the last two weeks of weapons training was enough. Well, enough to make it out of this place alive at least. I think back to a certain recent event that had torn my heart out. I'll only be living have a life if I do anyway. What's living even matter anymore?

I can't think like that.

"It's almost time." I whisper to Rhys as I look down at the watch on my wrist, counting down the seconds. I feel the sweat drip down my forehead even more as the adrenaline courses through my veins. The second hand meets up with the rest, signaling it's time. "Light it up."

"Got it." Rhys light's the rag in his hand and chucks the bottle full of flammable liquid far away from us. "That's so fucking cool." I roll my eyes at his statement and then watch the man outside the door radio someone from the inside. The other door flies open and a large man runs up to the other one before running toward the site of the explosion.

After they're nearly out of sight another man steps outside of the door, signaling for us to hurry. Rhys and I run as fast as we can until we're safely inside to the first set of doors. Once we've entered the man shuts them and seals the latch. He punches in the code and then sets up some sort of complicated locking mechanism.

"That should hold them off for a few minutes." The man, who I'm assuming is Xavier, said. "I'll get the lights and then you make your move." He pulls out what looks like a tablet but way more complex. "Marina is in the last room on your right in corridor M. Is Wolf in?"

"Wolf?" I call out, after tapping the device in my ear. "You in?"

"We're in. Tell Xavier to make shit happen." I look up to Xavier and give him a nod.

He smirks then says, "let's fuck it up."

He jerks open the doors, letting us inside. I look over to my left seeing a metal staircase and, if I'm not mistaken, that's my cousin walking up the stairs. There's no one in the immediate vicinity so we make our way toward the commotion. I hear a male's loud moan and know we're going in the right direction.