Departure x And x Friends Part 2

"Oh, phew," Leorio says with a sigh. "You really worried me there for a second, Gon."

"I agree." A voice to the right of Gon says.

Gon turns to see who is speaking to them. A blonde-haired boy... no wait... girl leaning against the wall closes their open book and then speaks up.

"There is no place here for an omega in this exam. Though there was one in the history of hunters to pass the exam, it was still only one. There have been others foolish enough to try, but simply wouldn't succeed."

Gon stares at the blondie, "Oh uh..."

The blondie blushes from embarrassment and bows. "How rude of me. My name is Kurapika. It's nice to make your acquaintance, Gon. And, yours too, Leorio."

"Oh, I guess there's no need for me to introduce myself, then." Gon rubs the back of his head.

"Oh, s-sorry!"

Gon puts his hands out to reassure him or her? "Nah, it's fine! I do it all the time, so there's nothing to apologize for, miss!"

"W-Wait, what was that?" Kurapika says while regaining his or her posture.

"Well, I thought you were a girl... or a guy... or- AHH! This is so confusing!!!" Gon falls onto the wooden floor and clutches his head.

"Oh, I-I'm a boy! Most definitely a boy!" He says as a drop of sweat goes down his face.

"Sorry about that, sir... You really do look like a girl!"

In Gon and Kurapika's continuing conversation, nobody had noticed Leorio's nosebleed over Kurapika's appearance which was cleverly covered up with the nudes. Leorio then started mumbling things that were hardly audible such as, 'cute' and 'crap, how much blood is coming out of my nose' sort of stuff.

After Leorio had lost his fair share of blood, Gon and Kurapika had finished their chat when all of a sudden-

"Anyone, quick! There's a big storm coming our way!"

Of course, Gon is the first one to make it to the top deck of the boat, followed by Kurapika and then Leorio.

"Guys, quick! Help me lower the sails!" The two nod and quickly make their way over to Gon. Before they make it there, the three of them catch a glimpse of a man about to fall overboard from the strength if the wind. Leorio and Kurapika make it over to the ledge and quickly reach their arms out for him. They both miss by a hair.

"Damn, " they say in unison.

At that moment, they see a raven-haired boy jumping in between them, and over the ledge. He catches the man by his legs. Kurapika and Leorio quickly reach out and grab Gon's legs before he falls into the water. They then pull out both Gon and the man.

After the storm had finally gone away, the sun had begun to peek through the clouds. Everything was calm until two certain people had an outburst.

"What the hell were you thinking, Gon?!" Leorio yells, which is quickly followed by Kurapika.

"Honestly, could you have been any more reckless!!!"

"Just imagine what would've happened if you went over and we weren't able to catch you?!"

Through their yelling, Gon just stares at the two and says, "But it's fine, now. You both caught me."

The two were a little taken back by Gon's statement. They wouldn't have imagined him to give that reaction.

"You both caught me, together!"

Kurapika and Leorio then look at each other and light blush.

"Y-Yeah... I-I guess we did!" Leorio states.

Kurapika lets out a small chuckle, "Indeed we have. But I must say, it was mostly Gon's doing. Without him, we wouldn't have saved that man."

Gon blushes from embarrassment and rubs the back of his head. "It was nothing. Really!"

Leorio and Kurapuka let out a few short chuckles. Then, from the distance, a burst of loud laughter can be heard. The three turn their heads so see a jolly sea captain making his way down the steps of the ship and onto the lower part of the deck.

"You three have shown me great things today! I'll tell you what. How about I drop you three off at the closest port to the exam?"

Gon looks at him, skeptical. "But, sir. What about your test?" Gon asks.

The sea captain's smile turns into a slight frown. "Kid, I decide when my test is over. And you three have passed!" His frown suddenly turns into a smile.

Gon's eyes lighten up, as well as Kurapika and Leorio's. They all have huge grins plastered onto their faces. Even though their journey hasn't ended, they got off on a very good start.

As the three are about to leave the ship, the captain pulls Gon aside and gives him instructions on how to get to the exam site. The old man tells the raven-haired boy to head to the large cedar tree at the top of the hill. Gon says goodbye and thank you to him and makes his way to his friends by the large map on the sidewalk next to the busses that are about to head to Zaban City.

(Totally didn't forget the name of the city and had to look it up. Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahhaahhahahaha I'll stop now.)

"Huh? That's odd. It says here that the exam is supposed to be held somewhere in Zaban City." Leorio says, puzzled by Gon's instructions. "And these instructions are no good either! It says the exam is supposed to take place somewhere in Zaban City, but it doesn't say where!"

"Are you sure that you hadn't misheard the captain?" Kurapuka asks Gon.

The 12 year old shakes his head. "No, I don't think so. He said to go towards that tall cedar tree." He says pointing at the tree on the map.

"Guys, the bus for Zaban will be leaving any minute!"

Gon ignores Leorio's words and walks down the path towards the Cedar Tree.

"Well, I guess it's just you and me now, Kurapika."

Shortly after, Kurapika follows Gon down the same path.

"Kurapika! Where are you going?! The bus for Zaban will be leaving any minute!!!" He yells at him.

Kurapika chuckles and continues walking. "I'm intrigued by the captain's advice. More so by Gon's behavior."

Leorio scoffs and turns his back of the blondie. "Fine! Be that way! See if I care!"

Leorio continues to walk down the sidewalk to the busses for Zaban until he hears whispering in the alley to his left.

"Hey, did you hear that the busses to Zaban don't actually go there?" A person says.

"Yeah, rookies always fail this part!" Another shadowy figure snickers.

Leorio's face goes red in embarrassment and runs after the two that are going up the hill. He makes up excuses why he didn't follow them.

The three make their way to the top of the hill to see a small village. To Leorio, the village seems dead. To the two others, they know that people are here watching them. All of a sudden, a cart gets pulled out of one of the buildings, blocking their way. There are people dressed up in white robes with an old woman with a purple jacket and jewelry in the middle.

"Exciting..."

"Exciting?" The three repeat to themselves with beads of sweat dripping down. Their face.

"Exciting..."

The trio look at each other and back at the old lady.

"It's time for the exciting multiple choice quiz!!!"