Epilogue

"Excuse me! Are you... er, Rosabella Nanami?"

A timid sounding voice shook Rose out of her thoughts as she mindlessly walked through the airport to her departure gate. After another heart-wrenching goodbye from all of her friends, it was time to return back to New Yosaka City. 

        "I... um, yes. I'm Rosabella Nanami. How may I help you?"

She turned and found herself facing a cute looking, though very anxious, female. 

        "My name is Mika... Are you interested in joining the San Fransokyo Medical Center as... um... well working there?"

        "... I-I would really love to! Oh, wow. That offer sounds very nice, and it's sweet of you to have scouted me out to ask but I'm about to board a flight back to my home in New Yosaka City..."

        "O..Oh." 

Rose watched the female deflate, her head now hanging with the most heavy look of despair in her eyes. She was quickly taken back, however, when Mika shot her head up and suddenly held out a manila folder, offering it to Rose.

        "You... used to attend the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, c-correct?"

Rose cautiously took the folder and nodded.

        "And I'm sure you are w..well aware of the fire that occurred at the exposition hall...?"

        "Well... I wasn't present at the time, but yes. I do know about the tragic incident."

        "I-I see... then you might want to look at the contents of that folder..."

Rose pursed her lips together and felt her forehead crease as she opened the folder with the most perplexed expression plastered to her face. 

        San Fransokyo Medical Center Patient Information Sheet

A sudden feeling of dread filled the girl as she held the folder of papers, her hands starting to subtly shake.

        Name of Patient: Tadashi Hamada

Rose stopped after reading the name, looking up at the other female with an sort of panicked look in her eyes. This couldn't be right... Tadashi was dead... it had to be someone else with the same name... or something... Regardless, the girl continued to read, her whole body now very visibly trembling.

        Circumstances of the accident: Severe third degree burns and anoxic brain injury

She stopped again and looked back up at Mika, her pained expression clearly asking for some sort of explanation. Anything to calm the unnerving emotions she was currently experiencing. 

        "He... a-after the fire was finally put out they discovered his body... he was at first presumed dead b-but it turns out he's actually just in a coma as a result of the head trauma he experienced after the building blew... causing him to most likely fall backwards and hit his head against the ground..."

        "B-But... that's not possible," Rose began closing the folder and returned the information back to the other girl.

        "He should've been burnt in the fire..."

         "He should have... But since the architects who built the building wanted to ensure that they built a strong building meant to withstand various accidents... the doors were what proved to protect the patient. The building had two sets of doors upon entering the building... and it was deduced that the patient had only passed through the first set before the fire completely engulfed the building."