6:Viva la Vida

The smell of stew lingers the warm air of my tent, the pretty sound of Sams voice awakes me happily. "I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing," my eyes flutter open. "Roman Calvary choirs are singing," Sam sits just across from me, sharpening her knife. "Be my mirror, my sword and shield... My missionary's on a foreign field," she looks to me a I sit up.

"Morning Y/N." She looks to me then back to her knife. I slowly sit up and remember where I am. I grunt and then get up, putting my boots on and then walking out of the tent.

The sun hits my eyes, almost blinding me. I blink and squint. Looking around. Everyone's still waking up, the same as me. Some men are already hauling stuff around, while the woman sew and wash dishes.

The song Sam was singing gets stuck in my head, making me want to mumble the lyrics. Guess I could go out for a bit. I start walking to the horses. "For some reason I can't explain," I start off when Sam ended form earlier. "Once you we're it was never-" I run into someone.

We both stumble to the ground with a loud thump. "S-Sorry-" I look to the person across from me, Javier I think. I quickly get up as he did. He gives me a dirty look, looking me up and down.

"What's so good about you, that Dutch let you and your.... Strange friends in." He says, He seems really... Glued to Dutch. So, Loyal?

"Well, I don't really see anything so good about you." I do the same he did to me, looking him up and down. But instead walking around him, looking at all of him. Close up. Without him noticing I swipe away his hat, also cutting his satchel strap. Placing it on me.

The hat just a bit big for me, he looked to me surprised. I dig in his Satchel and pull out a cigarette. Then he notices I also have his Satchel.

"Just saying, you're the easiest to pickpocket Mr.... Escuella?" I put my hand out for him to shake, he slowly but surely shakes it. Then I pass him back his Hat and Satchel. "I'm Y/N." I smile then start walking again.

(I JUST HAD THE MOST RANDOM THOUGHT, I CANT WAIT TILL CHRISTMAS SO THEN I CAN WRITE A 'GOD REST YE MERRY GENTLEMEN' ONE... sorry for wasting ur time😔)

I finally reach my horse, I hop on and start a steady trot out of the camp. Looking for anything worth a robbery.

-A little bit later-

I walk back into camp, I robbed a stagecoach. Good loot. About 100. I walk to the box and place $50 in. "Good job Y/N!" Dutch yells from his cot. I nod then walk to the campfire, Jess already there. Of course talking to Mary-Beth, she hasn't stopped...

I sit beside them and stare into the fire, almost like a staring contest. Except I forgot to blink for a bite. I hop back into reality when Sam sits beside me. "So, what do you wanna do for the rest of the day?" She asks.

"Mmm, I don't know." I mumble then look to the person who sits down. Arthur. I nudge Sam with my elbow. "Go." Her face turns a bright red. I then basically punch her towards him. She stumbles a couple steps then looks back at me with fury in her eyes.

I do a shooing motion with my hands, she finally give in and looks to him. He's already pulled out a journal, writing something. She walks behind him, the peeks over. He notices after a second or two then she sits beside him... Ew, Love. I think chuckling.

I then again zone out into the flames, waiting for nothing really. Maybe something entertaining. I look up for a second or two and see Javier, well I need someone to talk to... I get up, walk around the fire and sit next to him. He strums his guitar, then looks to me.

"Hola chica." He mumbled then looks back to the strings. "Hey..." The awkward silence makes me speak up. "How long have you been playing?" He thinks for a second. "Can't really remember, but pretty long. You?" "Ever since childhood, it always mesmerized when I saw someone playing then." I giggle.

Then again, silence, only the voice of other.

"You know how to play guitar?" He asks, "Yup, I have proof!" I joke around and show him my hands, littered with calicos and blisters. Even cuts. He chuckles then puts his hand out. There almost the same. They look so rough. I poke one of the blister making him gasp and whip his hand back.

I giggle even more, he also laughs a bit. I hum to myself thinking of a different question.

"Do you sing?" I look at him this time. He nods then reply's. "Yeah, but only at... Important events? Like party's I guess." I nod. "I guess I already know you sing... a lot." He chuckles at the last part.

"Rude," I chuckle along. "maybe it's cause I'm actually good at it!" I joke. He laughs even more. He seem way more nicer when you talk more, less threatening.

Footsteps approach, me and Javier look to them. Sean. Drunk as ever. "Ay!" He stumble closer sitting on the chair not so far away from me.

"Javier why don't you play us a song?" Uncle stumbles in to. He groans. I giggle a bit then stop when he starts, before he can even start my Ukulele get thrown to me. "What the hell?!" I look to who threw it. Jess of course.

"Uh... You play." I hold my Ukulele aside. He nods and then start strumming, I know this song! "When I was just a lad you know, I met a gal from old Bordeaux," Uncle starts. "She had blonde hair and blue eyes to..." I sing along. "She let me ride on the ring dang doo!" Everyone around the fire sings.

"The ring dang doo now what is that? It's soft and round like a pussy cat, got a whole in the middle and it's split in two... And that's what you call! A ring dang doo!"

The night goes on, peaceful as ever. But no one knows the people watching, stalking you all...