Demons from the past

And for the past month they have kept their word. Zankou kept his word in making sure they were safe and always had protection. But he rarely appeared around the mansion. Only if the situation called for it would he appear, only to handle what needed to be done and leave. Piper frowned as he once more vanished from her living room. The demon refused to speak with her, hell he wouldn't even look at her. When ever she tried to talk to him, Zankou would make up the most ridiculous excuses to leave. She would be lying if she said it didn't stung. It was hard to act differently towards him, but she couldn't go back. She couldn't even begin to imagine what her sister's would say if they ever found out.

"Piper!" Phoebe yelled.

The eldest witch jumped, tossing her sister a glare. "What?!"

"I asked what was wrong with Zankou?" Phoebe asked.

Piper shrugged. "How should I know?"

Paige scoffed. "Well someone should be keeping tabs on him. We can't just let him running around loose like that."

"Paige, he is our ally. Not prisoner." Phoebe laughed.

"I am just saying, he needs to be watched." Paige mumbled, leaving the sisters.

Phoebe watched as her sister disappeared, before leaning over the counter. "So what is really going on with Zankou?"

"My guess, love." Cole answered, walking into the kitchen. "I mean that is what I would guess."

"Love?" Phoebe asked.

Cole nodded, casting a look towards Piper. "Yes, Zankou has always been moody and unpredictable, but this is something different. He is usually always precise with his attacks. His plans are fail proof, but now. now he is being reckless, messy, stupid."

Piper glanced up at him, only to look away quickly. "That just sounds like a demon being a demon...stupid, but as a demon."

"No, last time he was like this was with his last love." Cole mumbled. "Same one that stabbed him in the back. literally."

"But who could it be?" Phoebe asked. "I mean we haven't seen anyone."

Cole glanced at Piper. "I don't know, but I just hope she can overlook the bad. Zankou is not a bad guy, but he has been through hell and back."

Piper pushed herself off the wall. "I, umm, I have to...I'll be in my room." Pushing past Cole, she ran up the stairs and into her room. What they didn't know was that Zankou wasn't the only one affected.

Phoebe frowned as her sister took off. "What was that about?"

Cole shrugged. "Don't know." Realizing with who he was, he cleared his throat. "I am going to walk around. Have to speak with the demons on guard."

"Cole." Phoebe called.

"Yeah?"

"Why do I feel like you are avoiding me." Phoebe asked.

Cole tensed slightly. "Probably because I am." Not waiting for her to respond, he went in search of the guards.

Piper didn't know just how long she sat on the floor of her room, but it felt like days. She hated feeling like this. Like she just love Leo all over again. That gut painful feeling around your heat. She had hoped that with the distance and avoidance, all of this would go away. That she didn't feel what she knew she did. That it was all a bad dream and she'd wake up to find Leo beside her, but it would always change to Zankou. No matter how hard she tried to not think about him, he'd come in like a freak bulldozer. Why must the heart be so complicated? Why must it want what it cannot have?