Wedding Day

"Do you, Obi-Wan Kenobi, take Azyalia Barlette to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked Obi-Wan.

Azaylia was standing across from him holding his hands, smiling widely. They were both wearing their Jedi robes since they had nothing fancy enough to wear.

He took a deep breath, "I do."
"And do you Azaylia Barlette, take Obi-Wan Kenobi to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked her.
She laughed, "I do."
"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest turned to Obi-Wan. He didn't hesitate. Their lips meet in a sweet kiss.

When Azaylia left the Order, the last thing she thought would become a reality was marrying her childhood best friend. The one who gave her shelter, cared for her when nobody else would, stuck up for her with no hesitation and most importantly the one who loved her with his whole heart even when he didn't understand love fully. Leaving the Order tore her heart into two but she knew she had to go. She had the Dark side brewing inside her, waiting to come out and strangle the Light till it was gone. While on Tatooine, she found an inner peace and the dark thoughts resided. She trained with her lightsaber and meditated in a private place, away from anything and anyone patiently waiting for the day she could come back without worry of killing anyone. She missed Obi-Wan. Missed his bright smile when she came over to his quarters for a chat, missed the sound of his laugh when she was being dramatic, missed his sharp steel blue eyes flicking up at her, his gaze lingering on her for a second and returning to whatever he was doing. Leaving the Order was the hardest decision she had ever made and she thought it would be the same with coming back, but it was the exact opposite. She realized that Obi-Wan brought out the best in her, made her see stars, made her feel loved. Every happy moment in her whole life, Obi-Wan was always there. Every time.

The kiss lasted for what seemed like a lifetime. Obi-Wan then sweeps the star struck women off her feet and spins around. Azaylia laughs. Owen and Beru were standing by, watching, smiling at each other. Owen held little Luke while Beru held Serenity.

Azaylia was deeply sad that Padmé and Soreé couldn't be here. She was sure they would've been so happy. But somehow Azaylia could almost feel their presences. She didn't know how and she didn't know why...she just did. She couldn't explain it. Even under the circumstances, this had to be the happiest day of Azaylia's life.
>>>

Azaylia studied the ring sitting on my finger with a thoughtful expression.

A/N: These are the rings I'm imagining

She didn't know where Obi-Wan got such lovely rings but they were absolutely stunning.
"Do you like it?" Obi-Wan voice makes her jump. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Azaylia stood up from where she was sitting on the bed.
"I love them. They're so beautiful. I'm definitely not going to question how you got them." She tease.
Obi-Wan shakes his head,"You don't want to know."
"Ben..." She shoots him a disappointed glance.
"What? It's not like I stole them!" He puts his hands up.
"Right. How's Serenity?" Azaylia asks motioning to the crib where Serenity was sleeping peacefully s
Obi-Wan chuckles deeply, "She's a sleepy one that's for sure. All she does is sleep." Azaylia giggles and then grows very serious.
"Reminds me of someone I know..." Azaylia looks at Obi-Wan with a teasing glance.
He opens his mouth in shock,"I hope you don't mean me!"
"Of course I mean you! Do you know how many times I had to go and wake you up because you were late for the lessons?"
"You didn't have to wake me up that much." He says with fake hurt.
"Oh and you still haven't thanked me for hauling you through that elevator shaft!" Azaylia pointed a finger at him. "My shoulders were hurting for a week." She crosses her arms.
"Did you carry me like this?" He runs over to Azaylia, picks her up and throws her over his shoulder.
"Ahh!" Azaylia exclaims, feeling the blood rush to her head. "Ben! Put me down right now!" She hits his back over and over again with her fist.
"No I don't think I will." He laughs as he holds the backs of her thighs.
"You Laserbrain." She mumbles and stop struggling under his strong arms.
"Well, thank you for carrying me to safety." He says sincerely.
"Your welcome...can I come down now?"
"Not until you say the magic word." He jokes.
"Put me down right now...and I might reconsider not killing you?" Azaylia complains.
"Nope that's not it. Try again."
Azaylia sighs, "Your impossible...Pretty please?" He puts her down gently.
"There. See? All you had to do was be nice." Obi-Wan grins mischievously.
"Yeah..." Azaylia steps over and checks on their little baby. She was fully awake and squirming around. Azaylia reaches down into the crib and picks her up.
"Oh, look at my little girl. She's the most beautiful thing in the galaxy!" Azaylia tickles her stomach a bit. She laughs. Her laugh was just like Obi-Wan's. Infectious.
"Hey I thought I was the most beautiful thing in the galaxy!" Obi-Wan pouts.
"Your the second most beautiful thing in the galaxy." Azaylia chuckles in response.
He shrugs, "I guess that's better then nothing."

Obi-Wan takes a peek outside.
"Do you want to go look at the sunset?" He points behind him.
"How could I say no?"
>>>

Azaylia breathes in wonder. The twin suns of Tatooine never failed to amaze her, even if she lived there for ten years. She would make it a priority to go and watch the twin sunset every night, no matter how late she had to stay awake or how long she would have to stay outside.

Azaylia takss hold of Obi-Wan's hand while Serenity snuggles in her other arm.
"She's Force sensitive...have you felt that?" Obi-Wan asks his wife softly.
"Yes. We'll have to train her." Azaylia states.
"We need to be careful...if the Empire finds her they'll trace her back to us and they will be able to find Luke and they might take her too. Who knows what Anakin would do to her if he found her...I don't think he would be ecstatic that she's a Kenobi." He gives a worried glance.
"I'm aware of that although Anakin would be ecstatic it's Vader that we have to worry about. Anakin and Vader are different people Ben. I know there's still some Anakin left in him...I took a look at her future...it's clear as crystal."
"I peeked too. When she was born. She'll become a powerful Jedi and help bring peace to the galaxy." He smiles at his darling wife.
"Why did you name her Serenity? Did you just like the name?" Azaylia asks Obi-Wan.
"I named her Serenity in hopes that she will will live up to her name...that she will bring peace and serenity to the galaxy...her and Luke are the future of the Jedi. They are our new hopes." He concludes.
"I love her name even more now...because it has meaning." Azaylia looks down at her little daughter.

Azaylia prays that the little infant will live up to her name, that she and Luke will meet someday and maybe even become good friends. She hopes that Obi-Wan and her live a happy rest of their lives. In her opinion, they deserved it...they've been through so much more then they expected. Qui-Gon's death, the Clone Wars, the fall of the Republic and the Jedi Order, Soreé's horrid death, the turn of our brother and the death of his wife, all they had grown very close too but they pulled through it all. Together. And the final thing that Azaylia prayed was that Serenity will give people the hope that they need in these dark uncertain times...
>>>

Three years later...

"Mommy Daddy! Look! Are you watching?! Are you?!"
"Yes we are Seren." Azaylia stands beside Obi-Wan who looks on proudly. Their three year old little girl is learning how to use the Force instead of her vision. The little droid shoots bolts of electricity and she deflects them with Azaylia's yellow lightsaber.

She then misses one and the bolt hits her arm.
"Ow!" She takes off the helmet and throws it on the ground in a fit. She glares at the little droid.
"Seren, you must not get angry. Keep on trying you'll get it." Obi-Wan encourages.
"Those hurt!" She exclaims.
"You know what hurt more?" Azaylia asks her and sits down. She pulls down the waistline of my pants a small ways to reveal her scarred, beat up hip.
"Mommy what happened?!" She asked her mother worriedly.
"Well I got shot by blaster bolt and later on clawed by a Nexu. It hurt really bad. Even worse then those little tiny bolts." Azaylia explains.
"Daddy! Did you know about Mommies scar?!" Serenity asks him curiously.
Obi-Wan nods,"Yes sweetheart I did."
"I want a scar too! Scars look cool!" She exclaims happily. The two adults chuckle knowing that before scars come their has to be some sort of pain.
"Seren are you ready to meditate now?" Obi-Wan asks.
"Yes yes yes!" She exclaims and grabs her father's hand.

Even though Serenity was such a busy body she knew how to calm herself down when she wanted. Something Azaylia never learned. That was a trait Obi-Wan possessed. Azaylia watches as Serenity sits down beside Obi-Wan and squirms a little before coming to a still. Azaylia smiles to herself. Serenity will become quite the Jedi. She's been wrong before but she believed Anakin was so confused and in such pain. Pain that he wouldn't tell anyone about...now even his "sister", the one he trusted most. The Council didn't believe in him, almost as if they were angry at him when he didn't do anything. By the time Azaylia really looked it was too late. She vowed that she wouldn't make the same mistake with her daughter. She would be there for Serenity where she wasn't for Anakin.

Obi-Wan and Azaylia fully believed that Serenity Kenobi, their daughter would bring peace and serenity to the galaxy...someday...

꧁ⒺⓃⒹ ⓄⒻ ⓅⒶⓇⓉ ③꧂