Chapter 3

Sokka POV

I stare jet down and look him straight in the eyes. This unbelievable selfish asshat has no right to talk to me after what he did to my sister. "Well if you insist on knowing I don't need anything except your number." He said with a shit smug smirk on his face. I stared at him confused still baffled he is still trying. A couple months back when jet and katara were dating, jet started flirting with me and at one point tried kissing me. Obviously I told katara and she ended things with him right away. "Are you serious? After what you did you really think I would consider that a possible option? Leave me alone and don't speak to me" I say as I angrily pull my hand back and head back to class.

I walk into class and took a seat near the back of the class. Moments after zuko walked in and I felt a more cheery as he sat besides me. I guess the expression on my face could show I was pissed because not even seconds after him sitting down he takes one look at me and asks, "hey is everything ok?" "Yeah I'm good, just some idiot tried to ruin my day" I respond with a faint smile. "Well alright just let me know if I need to beat them up" zuko says as he chuckles. "Shut up" I say punching him playfully in the shoulder.

Zuko POV

                  The bell rings and me and sokka are on our separate ways for lunch. I go to my locker and grab my lunch this time successfully opening my locker by myself and make my way out towards the courtyard. I take my usual place under a tree and eat my lunch while reading a book. Halfway through lunch I see a shoes at my side and I turn to look up at sokka. "Hey, sorr I noticed you sitting here and just wanted to ask know if you would like it join me and my friends" he says pointing behind him at a table with 4 people. "Oh..uh sure why not" I say trying to be polite but also happy at the offer. "Great" he says a little too cheerful but I don't mind. We walk our way over to the table and we sit as he introduces me to his friends, "this is Toph, Aang, Suki and my annoying yet lovable sister Katara." He says pointing to everyone of them. A split second later katara throws an empty soda can at his head. "Katara that is a crime against the earth, you know littering is bad. Let me be the bigger person and throw this out instead of just tossing it without a care." He says as he gets up. Everyone at the table, including me, starts laughing at his remark. "He's really funny" i think to myself but I guess I said it aloud cause right after I spoke sokka said "Thanks! I try" with a wide smile on his face.

The last bell just rung and I was on my way to get my books when sokka approached me in the hallway. "Hey zuko, so I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come over to my house, if you were able too?" He asked nervously while looking down. "Oh uh sure, that'd be fun. I just need to call my uncle and ask if I can miss work today." I replied. "You work?" Sokka asked. "Yeah at my uncles tea shop, the jasmine dragon." "Oh cool, alright I'll meet you outside and if he says yes we can go." "Alright sounds good." I said putting my books away in my locker. I called my uncle and asked if I could miss my shift while explaining why and surprisingly he said yes fairly quickly.

I met sokka outside and we began walking to his house with katara and Aang. We got there in about 15 minutes and he introduced me to his grandma and we went upstairs to his room. "So what do you wanna do?" He asked me. "I don't know you're the one who invited me over" I said. "Well yeah because katara and Aang are so boring all they do is flirt all day and watch TV." "Speaking of, I didn't know Aang lived with you." I said curiously. "Yeah, his parents died in a fire and we took him in." "Oh, that's kind." I said. "Yeah we knew him since he was a kid so it wasn't like anything new or something." There was a silence in the room after that, it wasn't an awkward silence it was just me and sokka staring into each others eyes. I never realized it before but I wanted nothing else than to just kiss him but I didn't know if he felt the same. The silence was broken by him asking if I was hungry or thirsty. "I could eat" i replied. "There's some left over stewed sea prunes if you want any." The name of that didn't really sound appetizing. "On second thought, I could wait a while to eat." I said trying not to sound rude. "Alright well in the meantime wanna listen to some music" he proposed. "Yeah sure." We sat down on the bed bed he handed me a earbud to put in my ear. We both had one in and he started playing some music. We both laid back and listened to his playlist for a while. His playlist consisted of some rap some pop and occasionally sad tunes. Pretty random but something you'd expect from him. While listening to the music I turn my head and look at him. He does the same and we just sit there staring into each others eyes. I see a faint smile across his face and I just can't resist the urge anymore. I close the distance between us and our lips connect. I pull back horrified at what I just did fearing I just ruined everything. But it all goes away as he places his hand on my face and then kisses me back.

Sokka POV

I turn my head and look at zuko. He's already staring at me so I just admire him. Mostly concentrating on his golden amber eyes. How they are glowing in the faint sunlight coming through my window. I don't even acknowledge what's going on until I feel a pair of warm lips on mine. I don't fight it, I just let it happen. Seconds after it happened zuko pulls back and I see the fear in his eyes. I can tell he's scared of what he's done but I don't want him to feel that way. I liked that he kissed me. I place my hand on his face and kiss him back. I want him to know I wanted it as much as he did. Everything including time, stops and for the moment we are kissing, it just us. We pull back for air and look into each others eyes. We fall into each other's embrace as I hug him and melt into him. We just sit on the bed for a bit still listening to the music until he sits up and looks at me. "Did...did you want this?" He asks. "Zuko.."I say while sitting up, "of course I want this" I say placing a light kiss on his lips. I caress the left side of his face where his scar is and he leans into my touch. He looks at me and just barley whispers, "I'm glad you feel the same" with a faint smile on his face. I lean into kiss him again, wrapping my arms around his neck and his hands on my waist. We stay there for a moment leaning into each other until we both hear the sound of glass breaking and a gasp at my bedroom door. We both whip our heads around and look at the front door with shocked expressions. All we see is katara standing at the entrance to my bedroom with her jaw wide open looking at us dead center.

Authors note~
Ahahahahah y'all hate me :) so sorry for waiting and taking so long for this update a lot has happened but I am back again and will try to get the next update out as soon as possible. I tried hard on this and in the middle I has a serious damn case of writers block so I took a day to just think of where to take the story. Yeah the two ended up kissing and *gasp* katara saw them again sorry I took so long on this update and I rlly hope it was worth the wait :))