HELLO!

"HELLO, EDDY!!"

An overly enthusiastic, outgoing, social, excited, freaked out, sleep-deprived Brett screamed into the phone. The 'o' was pretty high pitched but the person on the other side didn't mind, considering the occasion. Eddy, a sweet-heart, quite literally now, was taking Brett out on a date.  The phone number exchange led to a lot of things. Late night texts to overnight phone calls. And even falling asleep while Face-Timing, stalking on social media. All of those lovey-dovey things later Eddy finally mustered the courage to ask, "Hey, wanna go out for dinner?" Brett oblivious to the whole thing said, "We have dinner together almost everyday." Eddy chuckled softly, "I meant as a date." Brett's eyebrows raised but his eyes twinkled and his lips curved up, "Hell yes!"

Destiny people might call it. As if meeting at maths tutoring wasn't enough, they met at the youth orchestra the next day. Spending so much time together helped in both of them significantly changing overtime. Eddy seemed more comfortable with people around, even though he was occasionally socially-awkward, with Brett by his side, that too went away. What was funny though, was that it took Eddy nearly 6 months to ask Brett out. Even though literally every evening spent together, under a starry night with their violins close to their chest felt very special. The date was somewhere even more than that. Maybe it was the simplicity, maybe it was the trust, maybe it was the love or maybe it was the other person sitting right across the table.

What was even better and sweeter than everything came after the date ended. A true love's kiss. Yes, that was what it was. The stars shined even brighter and wind slowed down as if to respect the two. It was the beginning of so many things.

So many.