Chapter 3

Chapter III

All wrapped in one he was so many sins

Would have done anything, everything for him

And if you ask me, I would do it again

Heaven, Julia Michaels

"You did not age one bit, Namjoon." The stranger was the first one to break the silence. He stared at Namjoon's visage, shock is written all over his face yet his tone hints of assertiveness.

"Hoseok, long time no see. " Namjoon said, as he too tried to keep his surprise held back. Hoseok smiled at him, his eyes gleamed with joy. Like Namjoon, he did not expect to meet him in this circumstance, but he was happy to see this familiar face from the past. 

  "So what brings you here, old friend?" he paused. "-Why are you lurking in a witch's territory?"

There was something mischievous about the tone of his voice that Namjoon was in some kind of disbelief. In the past, he remembered that he was a sweet, little ball of sunshine that lights up everything, even his world. Now, he gets the impression of shrewdness and slyness.

"I'm afraid I cannot disclose any information. " Even if he was taken aback on the latter's last inquiry, Namjoon kept a blank expression. Although, his mouth was itching to ask how he knew that they were in a witch's territory?

The other individual ignored his remark but instead, he focused on the hidden expression that the other tried to mask. "Oh, you must be wondering why I knew about this place being a part of the witches' territory." As if he had read what the other was thinking, he gave a wink, his forefinger pressed on his lips in an attempt to indicate the untold, before speaking once more. "It's a secret."

Namjoon scoffed at this. Is he playing with him? "I never knew that you were this secretive, Hoseok. "

"I learn from the best. What do you expect?" Hoseok's expression darkened for a moment before it changed to something playful. A smirk was now curled up into his lips. "Surely you haven't forgotten about the past right?"

A memory from the distant past started to flash on their minds. A ten-year-old boy was holding a man's hand as they ventured off into the woods. "Mister, I have seen you from my grandmother's collection of portraits. How come you still look the same?" The younger one asked, his eyes drawn to the other's face.

The older smiled and ruffled his hair. "It's a secret. Someday, I will tell you."

Before they can even drift off more to the past, Hoseok spoke. "I was very naïve. I've been mingling with beings that I did not understand. Such façade? Vampires are really cunning."

Namjoon winced at his response. Hoseok saying what he is inflicted a pain that he couldn't quite understand. Aside from that, he knew yet he did not look frightened, not one bit, instead of his taunting him. Before he can ask him how and why he knew his identity, Hoseok spoke once more.