The Prom Night (Final)

Author's POV
The exams were done and both Sohyun and Sehun thinks they did their best. As Sohyun promised to go to prom with Minjae she with her friend Yoojung went shopping. Sohyun picked up the black dress that looks pretty on her. On the other side Chanyeol was busy convincing Sehun to go to prom night, "It's the last thing we have before graduation, please let's go." Chanyeol begged with his charming voice.

"I am not going, you can enjoy with Yoojung, I don't want to be third wheel" Chanyeol and Yoojung had became close after that bus incident, they have even started their own love story and here their best friends had became the enemy. But they don't let it affect their relation, they aren't the type to fight for small reasons. They know the condition of both the parties but is unable to convince this ice king and ice queen couple.

After begging for about one hour Sehun finally agreed to go. He immediately texted Yoojung.

Chanyeol: he's coming

Yoojung: make him wear a black suit,
Sohyun also bought a black dress.

Chanyeol:okay love, but what are you wearing tonight.

Yoojung: pink dress

Chanyeol:should I wear a pink suit?

Yoojung: are you serious?!!!

Chanyeol: no, just joking, I know you must be wearing a navy blue dress, your favorite colour, I am also wearing a navy blue suit.

Yoojung giggled at his answer. She was happy to have him by her side and there was Sohyun waiting for her to stop texting. Yoojung and Chanyeol knows the problem between Sehun and Sohyun but they aren't able to convince them to talk with each other. They keeps on ignoring the questions and this time they had made up their mind to get them together during the prom night and there goes their plan in drain when Sohyun accepts Minjae's proposal to be his partner.

It was already 6pm when Sohyun and Yoojung waited for their partner at the entrance.
"You look pretty today" Minjae spoke without taking his gaze off sohyun.

"Thanks" Sohyun replied curtly.

He stood next to Sohyun and started again "are we waiting for someone?" paused for the reply, since both the girls didn't speak a word he continued, "Ah- I guess I know, your tall boyfriend, right Yoojung?" He gave her the teasing smile but he got ignored again. The situation was awkward for all of them when Chanyeol arrived with Sehun. They were shocked to see that their dresses were exactly of same color. Minjae who was wearing a dark blue suit was internally jealous whereas Chanyeol and Yoojung gave each other a sly gaze.

"Let's go" Chanyeol spoke breaking the ice and walked towards Yoojung to ask for her hand. Yoojung gladly gave her hands and walked inside but the three awkward ones were left behind. Minjae usually wasn't like this but he changes every time she comes in front of her and there is Sehun and Sohyun who aren't able to leave their pride aside and confess their feeling, Sehun did but it lacked from Sohyun.

They entered the hall awkwardly and Sohyun instantly searched for a seat to sit. She don't like party and stuffs so it was a headache to be at prom night. Minjae followed her and sat beside her. Sehun could not hold his jealousy and walked to sit next to her. The situation got more tense when Minjae asked Sohyun to dance with him and Sohyun accepted. Sehun was watching from his seat, his eyes were on fire with jealousy. He wished if he was the one dancing with Sohyun.

Just when they were dancing Minjae kneeled down and took out a rose, "Sohyun-ah you are the first girl to make me fall for you, I don't know why this school Playboy is confessing to you, after meeting you no girl attracts me like you do, will you be my girlfriend?" The crowd cheered and shouted her to accept but there was someone in the crowd who wanted to smash Minjae's face. Sehun walked out angrily, not on others but on himself for being a coward and now she is going to be with some one. Deep down he really wanted her to reject Minjae and be with him but he feels that it is impossible. On the other hand Sohyun was completely speechless.
"No", she didn't hesitate a bit to reject him. She sure is the ice queen, she could hear others murmuring how rudely she rejected him, she didn't want her personal life to be telecasted live so she just dragged Minjae to a secluded place.

"It's not like you are not handsome and all but I already have someone in mind and I can't think of my life without him. I tried to forget him by explaining myself that what I felt for him was because of the mere guilt I had for him but it wasn't like that." Sohyun broke into tears, this was the first time Minjae saw the soft side of Sohyun, he won't deny that he was hurt when she rejected him openly but to see her crying for another guy makes his heart ache more.

"Are you talking about Sehun?" Minjae finally spoke, sohyun's eyes got enlarged by his mention of Sehun.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you" Sohyun didn't mean to reject him on the spot but her ice queen nature made her do that.
"It's okay, I understand but if things don't go better with Sehun, remember that this Playboy who fell for you is waiting."

Sohyun walked towards the seat to search for Sehun but he was nowhere to be seen. But she found Yoojung and Chanyeol dancing, she walked towards them to ask about Sehun. She was informed that Sehun walked out when Minjae proposed her. She took no time to go in search of him. Firstly she walked to basketball court then to their old classroom. She even went to his room but he was nowhere to be seen.

She was worried as hell and regretted for not confessing to him. 'Am I never going to see him again?' This thought brought tears to her eyes, it was almost midnight when she gave up and walked towards her dorm.

She was walking lifelessly, she could not believe she lost her chance to confess to him. It's not like they are never going to meet again but the situation is never going to be same, he is going to join a medical department and she have to join accounts department even if they get placed in the same University.

Countless thoughts and numerous assumptions were going on in her mind the she bumped against a chest. It had a familiar sent coming for it, she instantly knew it was him. She could not believe that she had been searching for him all around the campus when he was waiting for her in front of her dorm.

"Sohyun-ah, how careless of you to come to your room at this time, do you even realize what time it is?" Sehun spoke to her with his frustrated voice.

Sohyun didn't even waste a second and hugged him, Sehun was obviously shocked with her behavior.
"I am sorry, I am really sorry. I never realized that I like you so much. The single thought of not seeing you make my heart ache for million times." Sohyun spoke what was on her mind, not answering his questions. Sehun shirt was now drenched with sohyun's tears he tired to break their hug to wipe her tears,
"No, don't. I can't face you now, my eyebrow must have got smudged." Sohyun spoke in a childish way and tighten her hands around him.

Sehun was further shocked but he smiled to her action, Sohyun continued, "I don't know if you still love me or not but to be honest I wasn't happy at all when you started to ignore me, I know I took a long time to realize my own feelings but I can now guarantee that what I feel for you will remain forever. I want to apologise to you from the beginning but you accepted that girl's chocolate, it made me think that you have forgotten me." Sohyun sniffed remembering the scene. Sehun still didn't utter a word, " after knowing that you gave back her chocolate, I was internally happy but I thought it was too late to apologise to you. I am sorry for being so arrogant.." this time Sehun cut her short, "If you had waited even for a minute more, you would have heard what I told to her"

"Did you say that you love her after returning the chocolate?" Sohyun instantly broke the hug and questioned him. Sehun could not control his laughter after seeing this new side of sohyun, this girl never fails to amaze him.

He didn't reply instead stared in her eyes, he really could see her eyebrows smudged, and she looked pretty even with those. His eyes then fell her lips and he could not control his urge to kiss her. He took her small face in his hands and smashed his lips on her.

Sohyun was shocked at first but she took no time to respond to him. Both were breathlessly breathing when they broke for the air. Sehun murmured, "You are the only one I love, my stupid love" The promise to be together forever was flowing in the air with this two ice king and queen smiling at each other. Does same pole really repels?

The End

........
Thanks for reading