13| Truths

13| Truths

Harry woke up dazed and confused. With opened eyes, he saw that he was in an unknown bed in an unknown room. Fear spiked through him until he noticed a picture of Louis and another woman. That's when everything came flooding back. The park, Louis, date, David, dark. Harry closed his eyes, reliving what had happened the day before. If only he knew what Louis thought. But at this rate, he probably though something was wrong with Harry, and that he should cut his loses. but yet, here he was, at his apartment. Beyond everything, he was surprised to see David there. When he left to go meet Louis before Louis realized Harry's life, he assumed David would sleep it off and he would be able to sneak in during the night, without David suspecting anything. But he couldn't because David had made eye contact before everything went dark, and Harry knew he saw him, and knew what was waiting for him when he got home. His stomach quenched at the thought of what awaited him. He let out a sigh and his stomach tightened when he heard the door open. He kept his head down, but he heard soft footsteps and then the sound of someone sitting on the bed.

"How are you feeling, love?" Louis asked timidly. So quietly that he wouldn't scare off Harry. But at this point, nothing scared him besides the thought of not knowing what was going to happen next.

"F-fine." Harry lied, picking at the comforter that was laying over him.

A bigger hand enclosed over his, and Louis spoke up again. "How are you really feeling?"

Harry shrugged, not wanting to get into it. He could tell by Louis' deep sigh, that he wasn't going to get out of this conversation anytime soon. Silence filled the room as both of them sat there. Neither one of them made eye contact with the other, but Harry knew Louis wasn't planning on leaving the room anytime soon. And for good reason. So, Harry opened his mouth.

"T-That was my father," Harry said softly and slowly, letting the words come out with almost no stutter. And pushing the difficult conversation as they were about to have aside, he was almost proud of himself.

"Let me guess, you don't naturally pass out around him?" Louis asked. He was trying to lighten to mood. But Harry wasn't in the mood for that.

"O-Only if h-he hits me t-to a c-certain p-point." He didn't make eye contact with Louis as he said that, but he could feel his blazing stare.

Harry looked down at his hands that had begun shaking. While starring at them, he noticed a slightly bigger hand covering over his. The surge of warmth brought him comfort and safety and allowed him to open up.

"T-The first time it h-happened, I-I thought it was a-an accident. I-I mean, he a-apologized after and I thought I-it was in the h-heat of the moment or because he was drunk." He took a deep breath. "W-Who would even b-believe me? I-I almost didn't believe it. I-It wasn't until h-he hit me a-agin when he w-was sober, t-that is changed." He took another deep breath and closed his eyes. "H-He didn't apologize, and h-he started calling m-me names. And I-it never stopped." Harry opened his eyes when he felt a soft hand wipe away some of the tears he didn't even know were falling. He sniffled, wiping at his nose. When his hand began to drop, Louis' hand went to grab his again. He dared to look up and saw Louis' soft face, watching him.

"Why didn't you ever tell anyone?" Louis asked softly. Almost too softly.

"I-I didn't think a-anyone would believe me."

It was silent after that, and Harry figured Louis was digesting everything. And he didn't know if it was because of what he said or that Harry actually spoke that much for the first time. But it was probably both. He felt the bed shift, and slight fear went through him when he thought Louis was going to leave him or make him go home. Anxiety shot through him at the thought, but it soon lessened when he saw a tissue placed in front of his face. He felt the bed shift again, but instead of Louis being in front of him, he was now on the other side of him. Louis leaned against the headboard, but Harry remained slouched where he was. He remained where he was until a hand went over his elbow and gently pulled him back. Harry was soon sitting up side by side against the headboard.

A hand caressed his cheek. "Love." Even though Louis didn't try to raise his head up, he did it himself. And he ignored the surprised expression Louis had on his face when he did. "I'm so sorry that happened to you. No one, and I mean no one, should have to go through that. And even if he did apologize the first time, it still shouldn't have happened. No argument justifies getting hit. Or being called cruel names. And I promise you if you told anybody, they would have believed you. And I'm so glad you told me. Thank you for trusting me." His face expression softened, and Harry lowered his eyes. He heard Louis suck in a breath, and Harry did something else he didn't expect he would do. Apparently today was doing all the things you were afraid of doing. He closed his eyes and laid his head on Louis' shoulder. He breathed in a deep breath and for the first time in a long time, he felt secured.

-----

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter, but still hope you enjoyed it (: