Chapter twenty-one

Third Person POV

It had been a week, seven rotations. Ben had been told the twins were perfectly healthy and could return to their quarters, but Rey still hadn't woken up. They had no idea what had happened. Their best guess' were infections or maybe a disease she had acquired at some point and was only reacting now.

It saddened Ben deeply that he was in their quarters, their children only laying a few feet away from their bed, sleeping, and Rey wasn't there. He knew that if... no when, she would wake up, she would be happy with the names he had chosen.

The First Order had given them an array of clothing for the twins. It mostly consisted of onesies. They were all mostly black or darker shades of grey.

Ben had been given however long of a break he needed from his position. He spent almost the entire time in their quarters taking care of the twins. The only time he left was to visit Rey in the medical center.

Ben had already begun to spot some aspects of the twins personalities, even if they were only a week old.

Akilah was very fussy. She always liked the attention to be on her and liked to keep Ben up into the late hours of the night. She did have some cute moments though. If she wasn't crying or sleeping, her bright blue eyes would always be exploring her surroundings. She was a very curious baby. She would also strongly grip onto Ben's finger when she laid in his arms.

Anakin, on the other hand, was almost always calm. He only cried when he was hungry or upset. He did, sometimes, grip onto Ben's finger, but his grip was a lot less stronger than Akilah's.

Even, if he was always tired the next morning, he loved them both unconditionally with all his heart.

Everyday, since they had been released from the medical ward, Ben brought both the twins to see Rey. She had tubes that came out of her right arm, where she would be fed with nutrients. She could breathe on her own, which was good news. He would talk to her and lay one twin at a time next to her. He would always hold her hand when he talked.

"I still remember that day," he started saying, "when we fought Snoke and I asked you to join me." He looked over to the twins who were sleeping soundly, then back to Rey. "I knew even before that elevator ride, that I could never kill you. I could already sense that Snoke would ask me to kill you. Seeing your face when I held the lightsaber up to your chest was horrible. Then I betrayed Snoke, I killed him. We fought those guards and then I asked you to join me. I thought you wouldn't take my hand... but then, you did. Rey, I've said it before and I will say it again, you make me so much happier each day. I've never been happier than I have this past year." He looked down, tears threatening to spill out of his eyes. "Rey, I love you, they love you. Please wake up, they need their mother. Please." Tears spilled down his face.

He closed his eyes and tried to reach her through their bond. He took many calm, deep breaths. Then, much to his surprise, the bond was still there. He connected with her.

She stood in darkness. There wasn't anything else, just her.

"Rey?" He said into the bond.

~/~/~

Rey's POV

I've been in this place for days now. I've seen this place before. It's an island, like the one I would dream about when I desperately tried to fall asleep back on Jakku.

I can't exactly remember how I got here. All I remember was holding two infants, a boy and a girl, my children. Then I remember sleeping and ending up here.

I walk out of my hut, as a new day begins. A storm had passed last night, a few branches were on the floor from the trees above. I remember staring from the small opening in my hut, as strikes of lightning hit the ground and the sound of thunder rang through my ears. It was absolutely mesmerizing.

The only thing that I'm missing is Ben, as well as my children. I never got the chance to name them. I remember the conversation Ben and I had had all those months ago, before we even knew we were expecting twins. I can't remember the names we had chosen, but I hope Ben did. I remember loving those names.

I share the island with a few caretakers. They are around half my height and are very welcoming.

I've planned today to go explore the other side of the island, which is blocked by a huge hill. I walked towards one of the huts where they serve food. One of the caretakers gave me a small tour of the village when I had arrived and had told me to come here three times a day for meals.

The meal was delicious and filled me up nicely. I took a bottle filled with fresh water and some fruit for my adventure today.

It didn't take me as long as I had expected to reach the top of the mountain, so I stood far enough from the edge, so I wouldn't fall and looked at the lovely scenery. I breathed in the humid air that surrounded me and closed my eyes. Calmness spread over me.

Suddenly, I hear someone calling my name. My eyelids shoot open and I look behind me. Then, darkness consumes my vision.

~/~/~

Third Person POV

The bond was suddenly cut off. All Ben could see was darkness. He opened his eyes and Rey still laid on the bed with her eyes closed. He signed and lowered his head, more tears streaming down his face.

It was worth a shot, he told himself. I can't lose hope. She's strong, I have to remember that.

He looked over and saw Akilah starting to fuss. He let go of Rey's hand and stood up to pick up Akilah. He held her calmly to his chest and felt the small human relax.

You're definitely a daddy's girl, he told himself.

He sat back down, holding Akilah with his left arm, and holding Rey's hand with his right. He looked down, more tears streamed down his face.

Then, he felt his hand being squeezed.

A/N: This will most likely be the only chapter that changes POV. It will probably always be in third person, unless said otherwise.

Thank you so much for almost 5K views! That's amazing!! And almost 200 votes, you're all incredible!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I will try my best to get another one out in a few days.