Chapter 1

Rough Morning

"Hey, you awake yet?"
A disheveled man in business attire looks over our incapacitated person as he prepares morning coffee. It would seem our person had woken up in an unfamiliar bed with an unfamiliar stranger. He wrinkles his brow trying to sift through his memories just to see if he remembers this man. But to no avail he cannot recall ever meeting him once.

"You know, caffeine is good for dealing with headaches. Why don't you try some?"
The strange man handed a glass of freshly brewed coffee. The steam enveloping our person almost like a warm hug of relief. Smells good, this coffee has a nice aroma.

"Excuse me sir, I apologize in advance but I don't recall we've met before."

...

"No need to apologize. You know, I should be
The one apologizing, I took you in without consent and I still haven't introduced myself."

The scruffy man took a glass of coffee, sipped and after a minute or two, he continued his sentence...
"—they call me the blind centipede of Red Aries City. The BEST bartender there is in the harbors of West Marsilea prefecture. But you, my good sir, may call me Jine."

A worn-out grown man with a distinct scar originating from his glabella, going across his eyelids and ending at his cheek. Most of which is covered by an eye patch. Yet despite his appearance, he emanates warmth and naive confidence.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Jine. But I must ask why'd you take me in?"

He grins.
"Simple, it is good courtesy to aid one's neighbor when they are struggling,—even if they strangers."

"Heh, best bartender you say? I understand the blind part, but why centipede?"

Jine smirks from this remark.
And then he bellows out a laugh as if he had heard something ridiculous.
"Though this is not the first time I've been asked, but it's all rumors you see. I didn't get to choose it, I simply received that title. He he he."

A peculiar man indeed, had taken pity and gave shelter to our character.

——-

He then shifts his attention towards the bedroom door, upon which two awkward horns poke out at the edge. Standing at around waist height, which is further enunciated by the large figure of our character. A meek boy introduces himself through the door. Almost like a stray cat whom had taken interest in a human; he keeps distance but observes intently, either out of curiosity or maybe because of an ulterior motive.

"Is this your kid, Jine-san? He seems very peculiar."

...

Jine replied with a suspicious look, as if one of his eyebrows had been stitched. He then took a sip of coffee and interrogates our person.

"I thought he was your kid? Perhaps I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I just assumed because he led me to where you blacked out. Either way, he seems very attached to you my dear friend."

"If that's so, I don't remember having any connections to this kid."
Our character looks draws his face towards the floor, and he remembers something .

There was no doubt that he had seen him before. Though It wasn't a reassuring feeling of familiarity but something of sensing danger; like crossing paths with a monster you've had encountered before.

"I thought you were a bit irresponsible sleeping on the pavement, tattered clothes and all, but you can't even remember to watch over your own chillun'?"
Jine snarks.

The kid then disappeared behind the door, where you could hear the faint footsteps down the stairs leading to the Bar itself. After a moment of silence, the bar entrance opens and out came a lady in a suit.

"It would seem we have customers."

"Isn't it a little too early for your pub to be open?"

"Our humble establishment provides not just alcoholic drinks but also extermination services, my dear friend."

E-extermination? Services?
He raised one eyebrow.
"Excuse me Jine, but I must head home—"
"Oh There's no need for that my friend..."