Day 4 continued

Ikes POV

"Considering the circumstances are you gonna actually have a conversation with me?"

He sighs.
He looks almost upset, I've never really seen an emotion on his face that's not anger or just blankness.

If it's not anger then it's literally nothing, emotionless.

I put a hand on his shoulder which makes him flinch but then he seems to calm down.

"T-the rumours about me are....all true."

"YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO READ?"

He raises an eyebrow at me.
"Where did you hear that?"

Oh shitttt.
I forgot if that was a rumour or something that I know from stalking....
I mean observing him.

"Uhhhh places"

"Well, yeah that's kinda true but it's a bit weird. I know the meanings of the words and I know the words themselves I just can't.....spell them. it takes some time.
Yes I can read because I can guess what the page says and I'm usually right but I don't really see what other people see."

"I knew you were smart." I ruffle his hair.

He sighs.

"When I said the rumours were true I was talking about the whore one."
The boy in black looks so ashamed, so timid and shy, it's so different than what he's usually like.

"I already knew that was true"

Firkle looks at me shock on his face, a hint of guilt too.

"I-I.....was it that obvious?"

"Kind oh yeah"

He lightly chuckles.

"I'm just, I kinda, It's like....."
Tears start to run down his cheeks.

"Hey, hey, hey you don't have to explain."

Before I pull him into a hug he grips onto me.
I'm not gonna take advantage of his vulnerability that would be a shit thing to do so no.
But maybe this will make a bond?

Hopefully.

"Do you wanna maybe uhhh go someplace that's not a creepy alleyway?"

"You better not be suggesting anything."

"Am not....."

———————————————————————————