『 Prologue 』

Chapter Teaser ^

Chapter Teaser ^

𝐓 𝐇 𝐄   𝐁 𝐄 𝐆 𝐈 𝐍 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆

𝐓 𝐇 𝐄 𝐁 𝐄 𝐆 𝐈 𝐍 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆

THE FOG WAS THICK, ENVELOPING THE ENTIRE GARDEN.

Since the first light was yet to shine, the sky was still dark and the last of the stars twinkled above. The sounds of birds drifted through the trees, and the flowers and leaves dripped with morning dew. A gentle hum could be heard, as workers began to start their chores.

Unbeknownst to the world at large, a girl gently looked down onto the scenery below, from the little window of her tall tower, observing everything in her view.

She was a tiny girl, with a heart-shaped face and large silver eyes — that shined with occasional childish curiosity, and yet had considerably dimmed with maturity. Her long raven hair carelessly flowed from her head, falling behind her body in wavy curls, whilst her white nightgown fluttered in the wind that escaped into her humble room.

With a careful grip, she touched the windowsill, looking down from the long tower that she was confined inside, onto the big green plants and the wide black sky. It was as if she was observing the magnitude of the world, which was much bigger than she believed it to be.

It was comforting that the world was not as big as her room alone and that there were other human beings and animals outside — other than that rude caretaker who gave her moldy bread once a day, or the strict instructor who used a cane to "teach" her palace etiquette.

With wonder in her eyes, she watched the stars twinkle and listened to the song of the birds and the small hums of the maids, as they went about their work. They probably did not even know she existed, but the girl didn't mind.

As she thought so, a bird suddenly flew out of a tree, towards the front of her window, and then back into the sky. The light flutter of its wings sent a wave of warmth to her face.