chapter 18 // ottawa

"mariano wake up." i shook him. we had finally arrived. "huh?" he muttered fluttering his eyes open. "we're home." i whispered happily.  i turned and started to walk off knowing he'd follow me. i thanked the captain and walked off the plane, i grinned happily. "wait up nena." mar called from behind me. i ignored him and started speed walking.

"you're so annoying." he muttered catching up to me. i stuck my tongue out at him, waiting for our suitcases. "i got it." he said as i moved to grab my luggage. i watched him smiling, as he grabbed both our large suitcases and walked back over to me. "thank you." he smiled at me and nodded.

"valentina! mariano!" i whipped my head to the side and immediately ran over. luca stood there smiling at us with ash next to him. "ash! luca!" i cheered hugging them both together. "hey shortie." luca laughed out. "bruh val your strong af." ash whined. i pulled away and punched him, mariano coming up from behind me and hugging both boys. "wassup man." "hey bitches." mar laughed.

  suddenly, luca turned around and waved his hand over to us. i moved my head to the side to see who it was and my face scrunched up slightly. "hey." viktor greeted staring at me. "hi." i greeted back. "hey." mar said trying to get viktors attention. viktor looked next to me and immediately looked nervous. "hey man." he greeted.

viktor woznaik ^

viktor woznaik ^

     marianos face remained hard as he dabbed him up. "stop scaring our new friend mar." ash teased. luca laughed taking my suitcase. "let's go. samys going to be so happy." he said leading us to his car. mar remained by my side.

      "shot gun!" ash yelled running to the passenger seat. "you're a prick." i yelled to him as he hopped in the car slamming the door and locking it. i rolled my eyes moving to sit in the back. before i could move to the middle seat and hand clasped my wrist i turned and looked at mariano confused. "ill go in the middle." he volunteered. "you hate the middle." i said furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

   "i know." he said simply. i watched as he slid into the seat, my eyes snapping to viktors eyes. he smiled softly at me and sat on the other side of mar. understanding why mar wanted to sit in the middle caused a smile to spread through my face.

   "get in shrimp!" ash yelled. i scoffed sliding next to mariano. "talking about me or your dick?" i snapped buckling my seatbelt. the three other boys immediately started to laugh loudly. i smiled proud of myself. ash flipped me off as luca backed out the spot still laughing. "you started it bruh." mariano told him snaking his arm around my neck. i smiled at him and let myself get comfortable.

"story time." luca said looking at us through the rear view mirror. mariano chuckled and we both started talking about our time in los angeles.
———
luca parked in samys drive way. it was 9 am so samy should still be asleep. we left our luggage in the trunk and i sprinted to the door. i knocked softly before opening the door right away. immediately i was greeted with a warm hug from samys mom. "hi sweetie!" she greeted happily. "hi!" i giggled pulling away. she was super nice and chill. "come in boys!" she said looking over my shoulder.