Chapter 1- The daily life of a Vice Captain

Logue town, the last stop for the east blue before you get to reverse mountain and the infamous grand line. Legend says that at the end of the grand line the treasure of Gold Roger lies, but I haven't ever been interested in it. I just want to get strong to protect Zoro and Kuina when I get back to the village.

It's been a while since I left Shimotsuki

"hey did you hear apparently another pirate was captured by the new pirate hunter?" One of the marines talked as I wandered through the base held in Logue town.
"Oh yeah that new guy is so cool, whats his name Zolo?" The other marine said as I stopped in my tracks and looked at them.
"Sorry to intrude but who are you two talking about?" I asked even though I heard them loud and clear.
"Oh Roronoa senpai good to see you, we are talking about the infamous pirate hunter Zoro. Apparently he was last seen at Shells town handing in a bounty." The first marine stated as my face turned from slight confusion to heavy confusion.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!"

It's been around a month since I heard about the rumours of Zoro being a pirate hunter now and more rumours have been popping up. Apparently he has joined forces with a new pirate mostly referred to as Strawhat Luffy and has taken down the corrupt marines in Shell Town, Infamous pirates like Captain Kuro, Don Kreig as well as Arlong. That's not the part I'm worried about though, he has always been strong so I know he can handle whatever is sent his way but where is Kuina? I would've thought those two would've left Shimotsuki together something might've happened-

"Oh Roronoa senpai" I hear a female voice call, I knew this voice confidently as that of one of my comrades at work however everytime I hear it my mind gets flung back to my childhood with Zoro and Kuina.
Standing infront of me was a woman with short blue hair which was accompanied by a pair of rectangular red glasses, she had a purple tanktop on and one of the 21 legendary swords by her side, in a sheathe attached to her light blue jeans. Her name? Tashigi.
"Oh hello there Tashigi, how's the shift going?" I started, engaging in the conversation that was started by my co-worker.
"It's going good, was passing by when I saw you in pretty deep thoughts, whats up?" She asked as I took a deep sigh.
"Just remembering home again, its been years since I left and joined the marines but not once have I sent a letter home telling my brother and friends how I've been" I sighed.
"Ah yes you've told me about them before, so why bring this up now?" Tashigi asked as I looked at her.
"A few things actually, first you look exactly how one of my friends used to look like and second my brother has actually been making a name for himself." I smiled as Tashigi tilted her head.
"I looked like one of your old friends? That's certainly a coincidence" Tashigi said to herself "But hey at least you know your brother is okay, what's his name?" Tashigi asked as smoke filled the room "Vice-Captain Roronoa this is no time to be slacking off." A serious voice filled the room as the smoke started to take a human form "and you Tashigi if you ever want to get the rest of the legendary swords you cant be like your superior here and slack off whenever you get the chance".
"Come on Smoker its not Tashigis fault, lets just put that down to a mysterious devil fruit that made us incompetent" I smiled casually.
"Im sorry the Bullshit-Bullshit no mi doesn't exist" Smoker rolled his eyes as he turned away "Seriously not once have I seen you take your job seriously (Y/N), show a bit more seriousness and one day I know you could be as high up as an Admiral" Smoker shook his head with his right hand covering the front of it.
"eh im just taking life as it goes, besides have I ever said I wanted to be an Admiral Smokey" I responded with my joking nickname for him as Tashigi started panicking, everyone in Loguetown knew how much Smoker hated the nickname, last time smoker left a massive dent in the floor with an unconscious (Y/N) in it.
"Tch" Smoker looked away not wanting the same thing to happen again, Despite how it looks me and Smoker are pretty close, we understand each other better then anyone else and after the previously mentioned incident Smoker did feel pretty bad about everything that happened. Just shows not to judge a book by its cover.
"Anyways you know what it's time for (Y/N), lets continue your training. Are you gonna use your Devil Fruit this time or are you still getting over when you destroyed the training center with the Uchi-Uchi no mi?" Smoker taunted as I huffed and activated my devil fruit ability.

Neko Neko no mi : Black panther model

Transform partially or fully into a black panther.

as the roulette wheel on my chest stopped, like usual, I heard a voice in my head say the name of the devil fruit, suddenly in my head I remembered during my studying I read about this and all the enhancements I got from accessing this fruit. During my inner thoughts neko ears popped up on my head and smoker couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Cat ears suit you Roronoa, brings out the lazy in your eyes." Smoker taunted as I opened my eyes and got into my fighting position.
"Thanks for the compliment Smokey, but unfortunately you haven't realized that this cats fights back" I replied as my hands changed into a panthers claws and my legs did the same but with the legs of a panther as I started running to the open streets so there would be more space for us to fight.

"Is that all you can do, Run? I thought I taught you better then tha-" before Smoker could finish his quip my arm got enveloped in black as I punched smoker in his jaw using my Armament Haki.
"Sorry couldn't hear you, had smoke in my ears" I retorted as I jumped to on top of a random building and ran across it knowing Smoker would follow, to which he didn't disappoint.
"Here, let me help you get it out then!" Smoker shouted as his smoke made a wall in front of where I was running to.
"No thanks, you don't have the proper equipment to help me with this" I sweated a tiny bit as I jumped to another roof and I continued running in the same direction as before but that's when I noticed two smoke clouds making a wall around me so I couldn't jump to any more buildings.
"Oh please I insist!" Smoker exclaimed as he hit me into the air with his weapon, to which I recovered and aimed my landing beyond his walls before I reached where I was wanting to be, by the sea.

"You've cornered yourself now what's your next move?" Smoker asked as I smirked and fully turned panther whilst a smoke wall surrounded us and with a deep growl from me I charged at him, the black fur of a panther changing to a smooth and shiny black surface.
As I charged at Smoker he fired bolts of smoke which I sidestepped as I continued charging the captain with my haki covered claws getting ready to attack.
"My next move will be my last, Claws of..."
"White..."

"JUSTICE/BLOW!"

We shouted at the same time our fists colliding as a wave of pressure went flying out our fists, our faces were strained as we both knew whoever won this clash would be the victor of our spar.

"KIRI SHIGURE!"

Suddenly a blow to the back of the head struck both me and Captain Smoker cancelling our attacks, the two of us turning to Tashigi who gave a sigh. "You can continue your spars another time now you're breaking Loguetown!" Tashigi sighed as Smoker formed behind tashigi, looming over her with a look of seriousness on his face.
"Who gave a simply Master Chief Petty Officer the right to hit me? A Captain?" Smoker asked as Tashigi immediately withdrew back into her shell pointing at smoker as she did.
"Y-you did Captain Smoker," Tashigi panicked "y-you told me if you and Vice-Captain Roronoa got into a fight and started to destroy the town to step in!"
"It's true you did say that." I joined in the conversation, putting my arms behind my head as I smirked at my captain.
"Quiet Roronoa, I've never met anyone coming from Shimotsuki not a swordsman. You're a waste of talent." Smoker sighed, I knew he meant well so I just slappped him on the back with a smile on my face.
"Love you too Smokey." I laughed as I felt a fist collide with my face suddenly knocking me out as I heard.

"Stop calling me that"