{⋅. Two .⋅}

The city was bright, and full of life. Bubbling with laughter and useless chit-chat, the city seemed full.

The trio made their way through the city, the sun beaming on their backs, and the tall stone brick walls surrounding the buildings.

There were only 2 exits out of the city, both heavily guarded day and night. The only people allowed in or out were adventures with permits, or the Dragon Breath Gathering Crew (also known as DBGC).... (not a creative name I know).

As Dream, Sapnap and George passed one of these exits, there was a small group of 5 in diamond armour, milling around, as if preparing for something.

Recognizing two, Dream waved and and yelled out "Skeppy! Ant!"

The two turned around and waved back, quickly making their way over.

"Hey!" Skeppy said, high-fiveing Dream. "What's good?"

"Nothing much, just taking the children out to get the monthly injection." Dream said, gesturing to Sapnap and George behind him. "Are you about to go fight the dragon again?"

"Yep. It's that time of month again." Any said, placing his hands behind him and rocking back and forth.

"Is Bad coming with you today?" George asked, peering over their shoulders.

"No, I think we are taking a different medic today. It's a girl. So unless Bad somehow gender swapped within the last 2 hours, I don't think he's coming with us today."

The small group burst into a small laughter.

"Guys!" Everyone turned to look over their shoulders. Philza waved at them, Wilbur behind him and then called out again. "It's time to go guys!"

Skeppy and Ant nodded, and waved as they split off. The Dream Team set off down the path again.

They travelled on the tiled path, the world around them changing from the quiet suburbs to a bustling town. Filled with shops, towers and people. Loud bustling sounds filled the world around them.

"Have you ever wondered..." George asked, tilting his head up towards the sky. "Why we aren't allowed to leave? But, we still are forced to take the injection?"

"Well, for starters, we are allowed to leave! It's really not hard for people to get a permit. They do it so they can keep track of people and keep tabs on who is in town and out of it." Dream started, continuing down the path. "Second, we take injections just in case the city gets breached one day. We would be able to walk right out."

"Yadayadayada good guy Dream. Please stop talking."

"Sapnap. I've looked everywhere. I searched through hundreds of files, I searched through my text messages. I even looked everywhere in my wardrobe... but I just couldn't find where I asked for your opinion."

Sapnap was appalled.

"Did you just quote-"

Dream rolled his eyes and slapped Sapnap on the back.

"We're here."

Nestled right in the heart of the city, was a 25 block tall building. The three went inside and was greeted by the reception, a girl with curly brown locks.

"Morning!"

"Good morning!" Dream responded. "Um... I'm here for the appointments of Dream, George, and Sapnap?"

"Oh! I was just about to call you." The girls fingers flew over her keyboard. "Your appointment will need to be rescheduled. The doctor is running low on dragons breath, and is saving it for people who's medication is already up."

Her emerald eyes scanned over Dream and his friends. "Is that okay with you? When does your dose end?"

Dream waved his hand, dismissing her worried look. "We still have about a week, we can reschedule."

After about 5 more minutes, the three of them were waving goodbye at the receptionist as they exited the building. 

"Ugh. That's annoying." Sapnap groaned, crossing his arms.

"But it is what it is. Let's just get a move on."

The three of them began to head back to their house when suddenly they heard someone.

"SAPNAP!"

The three turned towards the noise and discovered Niki with an apron on.

"Hey! Sorry... there's been an emergency at the bakery... and Ranboo knocked a whole rack of cakes over-"

Sapnap stopped her and looked back at the other two.

"Sorry guys. Duty calls!"

Dream and George waved as Sapnap quickly bustled off with the woman, both of them in a panic stride. Then they sort of just... stood there. {liKE A BUNCH OF LOSERS LLLLL-}

"Hey Dream?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you miss it?"

Dream looked over at the smaller boy, his glasses still on his face.

"Miss what?"

"Adventure. The thrill. Not having to work to keep a roof over our heads. Remember most day, the roof above our heads would be stone?"

"George we've gone over this-"

"Dream. I know you are still scared! I am too. But we've waited 3 years already, and you said that we would be on the road soon..."

"It's not safe. What happens when one day we don't get our injection on time? We become one of the people out there, trying..."

"We've handled it pretty well 3 years ago!"

"Well back then, none of this was happening to the world!"

Dream sighed, and turned away. He didn't want to look at Georges heartbroken eyes.

"We... we just can't."

"So you lied to me."

"George-"

"You lied."

George turned to look Dream in the eyes. Suddenly the sun seemed too bright, and the clothes on his back seemed like 100 pounds.

"Why did you lie?"

Dream opened his mouth, before closing it again.

"Dream. Why did you tell me we would one day be able to adventure again, when you believed that we wouldn't?"

"I can't... I'm sorry."

The silence was unbearable.

𑁍

Congrats on reading Chapter Two!

I feel like this chapter was really rushed... so forgive me.

Also! Mutations/Hybrids! Last chapter I mentioned zombies bit other mobs and infected them, creating hybrids, so:

Zomleton - ZombieXSkeleton
Zomder - ZombieXSpider
Zomeper - ZombieXCreeper
Zomitch - ZombieXWitch
Zoman - ZombieXEnderman
Zomwned - ZombieXDrowned

Feel free to ask me any questions about this AU! I'll be happy to answer as long as I don't spoil anything!

All my best,
»» ITᒪᗩᒪI ««