11. The Unsaid Truth

Hello my dear readers, I am back with the new chapter.

Happy reading peeps 😁.

He was rolling over the bed, rubbed his eyes and tried opening it. He could blurry see a small figure beside him and concentrating on something. Abir again rubbed his eyes and saw that the small figure was none other than her lovely daughter Misha.

"Papa.... don't rub your eyes frequently in the morning. It will affect your eyes." she ordered him still focusing on her work.

"OK meri Maa..... But what are you doing with the phone...?" he asked looking at his phone in Misha's hand. She was trying to take out SIM card with the pin.

Misha : This is the 7th time papa.... I am just helping you with the SIM.
A : Did I do it again? (abir asked making a puppy face sitting beside her)
Misha : Don't make these puppy faces papa.... I wonder... How many phones you had put into the glass full of water to turn off your alarm.... It's only 7 till I know... Btw does mumma know about this??

Abir smiled sheepishly listening to his daughter's question. He only knows how he used to get scolded by his wife for such things. And how he used to spend 3 days without phone as a punishment.

A : Ha.... Haan.... baby.... mumma knows everything.... Infact she is very rich na.... So she used to bring me new phones.
Misha : I will complain about it when she comes here.... I know you are lying.....(she warned her dad showing her index finger to which Abir moved a bit backwards.)
A : okay.... okay... relax stop becoming violent.... Btw why are you still in civils.... Won't you go to school...?

Misha literally hit her forehead with her tiny palm and exclaimed,
Misha : offo... Papa.... Today is Sunday...
A : Oh.... Sorry..... I forgot... So what's the plan for our Sunday funday my lady??
Misha : Aap.... Muuujhhee... Hindi.. Sikhayengi??
She asked with great difficulti. As she is grown up in Paris, hindi is difficult for her. But she always tries to speak Hindi whenever she talks with her family from India. She also asks her dad so many questions..... like.... what we say this in hindi.... that in Hindi... and so many... Abir happily agrees to her and teaches her whatever she asks for.

A : OK baby.... So let's make our Sunday a Hindi day.... And your first word for the day is..... When you're asking me to teach you Hindi, you shouldn't say Sikhayengi it should be sikhayenge... Ok??? If you would ask the same question to mumma then you can use the word Sikhayengi...

Misha : oh..... So.... Its different for male and female...
A : Yes.... You're right..... Now let me get freshen and come.... then I'll make your breakfast.
Telling this he was about to enter his washroom when Misha called.

Misha : Papa.... When is mumma coming?
A : Hmm.... Any day in the coming week... I also don't know the exact day.... she told that she will give us surprise.
Misha : Next week...!!!!! Yeahhhhh....

She stood on the bed and started dancing. He smiled at her cuteness and went inside the washroom. He remembered how happy Misha was last night listening to the sweet and happy moments of him and Mishti. Since last two weeks he had been narrating many incidents and stories about them but he suddenly remembered that the most important thing is to be told.

On the other side of the wall Misha was excitedly jumping on the bed but stopped suddenly and sat. She was feeling sad that her mumma never came to meet her in the last 5 years and never allowed her to come to India neither saw her through video calls. Even though she is excited to meet her mom but was still angry on her.

Ofcourse her anger was expected by all the family members. Specially Mishti knew it would happen one day. After all a 7 year old child had been kept away from her mother since she was a kid without giving a proper reason. Knowing that her baby girl would be angry on her, she told Abir to tell her everything required as it may mend atleast 10% of her anger. The only question roaming on Misha's mind is "Why is her mumma not with them in Paris?"