Happy

I decided to do the point of view of the other person because I'm bored XP
------

He's in love. I know it.

But his love is one-sided.

Every day he listens to the same song.

His face shows the same expression of longing, sadness and fear.

He doesn't speak whenever he listens to it.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to know of this secret, but I just happened to find out when I got a hold of his phone that one time.

That one rare time his phone was left unguarded.

Few months ago

I'm getting worried, he hasn't been as active as he was. He kept getting distracted during the game which made us lose.

When he got scolded, he didn't even pay attention and just said sorry before going back to his dorm.

Today, he didn't come to class. Is he sick?

I knock on the door. "Hey, you in there? Are you okay? You skipped class today..."

I tried turning the doorknob.

It wasn't locked. This idiot, what if someone came in and hurt him? What if I wasn't there to protect him when he's weak?

What greeted me when I turned the corner was his puffy eyes. He fell asleep listening to music, cute. But something tells me he was crying.

I wanted to help put him into a better position to sleep in, I don't want to see his body aching tomorrow because he slept like this.

I accidentally turned on his phone, okay maybe not accidentally. I wanted to find out what made him sad. So sad that he cried himself to sleep.

Damn, he has a password. Let's try his birthday.

Wrong.

His parent's birthday? Also wrong.

Faen? Wait, he doesn't have one.

Who else could it be? Is it even a birthday? Lucky number?

Hell with it, let's just try my birthday then I'll stop snooping. And hope he'll tell me about what he's going through someday on his own.

I got in? He put my birthday as his password? Why am I kind of happy? I'm getting side-tracked, let's see what he was doing before he fell asleep...

Instagram... nothing there, just scrolled through his feed it seems.

WebComics? Didn't read anything sad or horrible...

Last one, JOOX. Shows that he was listening to a song. On repeat... must be a good one then, I gently borrowed one of his earpieces to listen to the song. Due to his position currently, I had to squat down and had my face very near his in order to use the earpiece.

Why is my heart beating faster? I didn't even exercise.

Listening carefully to the song, I felt it was nice in its own way. What made you remember it wasn't the rhythm but the lyrics. Somehow it just... resonates.

Oh no, he's waking up. Better leave before he gets mad at me coming in without invitation.

Present

Since then, I took notice of him. I would unconsciously stare at him when he nods off, when he eats, everything he does I would stare without him knowing.

I know every little detail regarding him.

Which also includes these moments where he gets lost in that song and his feelings. He forgets I'm here with him, that he could rely on me instead of going through this himself.

I came to a conclusion a few days after the incident, he loved someone who he couldn't get. Someone who was his friend, that he was scared to lose. Deep down, I wanted that person to be me. But what matters most now is that he gets to be happy.

Something he isn't. And I'm angry at myself that I can't give it to him.

Why can't you love me instead?